Chapter Seventeen: God-Father

Happy 200 Reads <3

-Wildflower

Previously....................

"There's something else you should know, Harry. Your Nimbus...when it blew away?... it sort of landed in the Whomping Willow. And well..." Ron told him, showing him his broom. Soon after that I left the Hospital Wing only to be stopped by Professor Lupin.

"Just the student I was looking for." Professor Lupin smiled at me. "Can we talk in my office for a moment, please?" I nodded and then he escorted me to his classroom, which was luckily on the same floor. When we made it into his office he closed the door behind me and Professor McGonagall was also there.

"I'm sorry, am I in trouble?" I asked.

"No, however we just wanted to ask you a few questions, Ms. West." McGonagall told me. "If you would have a seat." She pointed to the chair in front of Lupin's desk so I nodded and sat in it.

"So, what is this about?" I questioned.

"Just some family matters, that's all." Professor Lupin reassured me but it didn't reassure me. In my head I was dreading it, coming up with the perfect lie already. "Is it true you're adopted?"

"Yes." I answered with a nod.

"Ms. West, do you happen to know who your birth parents are?" McGonagall asked, I sat there for a second in the shock of the question but truly deciding if I should give an honest answer, just give it all up here and now.

Now..........................

"No, ma'am. I don't know, nor have I gone looking for them either." I answered with an effortless lie. "Why would I even want to know the person who gave me up? Why are you even asking anyway?" I wondered after adding to my lie a little bit.

"We are just updating records." McGonagall lied.

"Can you give us a minute, Minerva? I'd like to talk to her alone." Lupin requested.

"Of course." She nodded after a minute of consideration. She left the office and Lupin looked at me.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about your boggart." He told me, walking to his desk and sitting down. "Anyone could recognize it as a Deatheater but it just wasn't any Deatheater, it was your mother, Alicia West. I'm concerned, Aria. That is the true reason we are asking these questions. I brought it up to the McGonagall, the Head of your House, I wish you'd be honest with me. Why do you fear your mother?" I gulped.

"I recently found out she might be a Deatheater." I admitted. "And I'm afraid it is more likely than not true because the evidence against her is damning."

"What evidence?" He asked.

"Can I even trust you?" I asked him with watery eyes.

"Of course, Aria." He nodded, crouching down to make eye contact with me.

"I found my Ministry issued birth certificate, Christmas break of last year, she still doesn't know that I found it but I did in her bedside table." I admitted.

"What is it? Who are they?" He questioned.

"James and Lily Potter. I believe my 'mother' was with you-know-who when he killed them." I admitted. He looked at me in shock.

"Does Harry know?" He asked.

"No, and he can't not until I figure out what happened." I told him. "Please, keep this between the two of us."

"I will, Aria. I was a friend of theirs, I'm actually your god-father." He smiled at me with tears in his eyes. "You look just like your mother when she was your age."