Chapter 38 - "Butterfly"

Start from the beginning

It was magical.

Nature itself is beautiful, and he's glad Samuel brought him here.

Suddenly, something landed on the tip of his nose making him startled. It was a small butterfly. Samuel chuckled at the sight. He thought it was adorable.

The small creature then flew away, only to make the two gasp in amazement.

There were many more butterflies, flying around them. All of them have their different, patterns, color and sizes. Chan had never seen such a beautiful sight.

"They're so beautiful!" Samuel exclaimed.

A little, blue butterfly landed on Samuel forhead, giggling from how ticklish he was. Chan was speechless, he indeed was convinced that this world was better than their's. It's the exact opposite.

The two stayed silent for awhile, admiring the scenery in front of them.

"Are you alright?"

Chan hummed, creasing his eyebrows as he faces the younger, confused. "What do you mean? I'm fine..."

"You don't look like it."

"What makes you say that?" He questioned.

"You aren't always yourself." He replied.

"You barely even know the truth about me." Chan mumbles as he stared off into the distance.

"Spacing out all the time isn't normal, there must be something in your head." Samuel stated.

He looked around and saw a small flower. He picked it up and offered it to the older.

"A flower for your thoughts?"

Chan only chuckled and gently grabbed the small flower, caressing it as he debates either to open up to Samuel or just stay silent

"So?"

"I have a lot of weight on my shoulders that I couldn't take. Should I just give up? I don't know Samuel... Everything in the past still eats me up inside."

"Just like a butterfly."

"What?"

"Just like a butterfly." The pixie smiled. Pointing at the majestic, little,creatures as they flew around the two. "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down."

"Hyung, it's all in the past. Think about the present." Samuel stated making Chan frown.

Silence Engulfed them, Samuel watched the butterlies fly around them, as Chan sighs.

"Samuel?"

"Hmm?" He gently hummed in response

"Who am I?"

Samuel brightly smiled, he moved closer to the older and cupped his cheeks-making their gazes meet.

"Why, You are Lee Chan!" He exclaimed. "One of the best people I've ever met! You are who you are hyung, don't compare your life to others because you are unique."