"Oh Tom.."

Back in forks/
EDWARD POV:

"you have to let her go, you know you cant be with her." Rosalie sighs.

"i CAN be with her." I glare.

I'm starting to get fed up with the people here. They are obviously insensitive to how I feel for her.

"if you turn her, and you know thats a terrible idea!" She retorts.

"there must be another way.." I sigh rubbing my temples.

"not if you want to be with her like you say.." she put her hand on my shoulder.

"i'm going, im going back for her." I elucidated.

"not yet.." Carlise frowned.

"please." I begged.

At this point I don't care how silly I looked in their eyes. Her eyes are all that matters to me.

"wait a month, just let me sort some things out okay? then you can go." He sighed.

Back at hogwarts/
December/
Y/N POV:

"Have you talked to Hermione?" I asked.

"Not since last week why? is she still ignoring you?" Ginny groaned.

"yeah.. she is." I sulked putting my head in my right hand facing away from Ginny.

"Just.. give her time, shes still jealous." Ginny smiled weakly grabbing ahold of my hand.

"I know she is.. but she said it herself it was just a game!" I explained frustrated.

I caught the attention from a few students before they turned away to finish their dinner.

"Well yeah.. but you know how sensitive she is when it comes to ron." Ginny sighed.

"yeah. but its not like you got mad at her when she kissed Harry." I threw my hands up in the air.

"she'll stop ignoring you at some point babe.. dont worry about it." she said grabbing ahold of my hand once again attempting to calm me.

"i know but shes not the only one whose been ignoring me all week." I sigh putting my forehead in my palm.

"Has Tom been ignoring you too?" Ginny gasped lightly.

"Tom? what? no, I was talking about Cedric." I say confused.

"Oh good, I just assumed it was Tom." She let a sigh of relief out.

"Why?" I asked chuckling lightly.

"Lets just say Hermione wasn't the only one fuming with jealousy when you and Ron kissed." She raises her eyebrows turning to take a bite of her food.

"Tom? Jealous? No way!" I giggled.

Tom wouldn't be jealous. Theres just no reason.

"Um yes way! he obviously likes you, don't tell me you didn't notice." she scoffed glaring at me in shock.

"well.. I didn't." I answer taken aback.

"well now you know." She grinned.

A few days later.

"y/n!" I hear a voice call out.

As I turn around I see him.

"Tom, hey!" I smile.

"Hey, so uh I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out sometime?"  He asked fiddling with the rings on his fingers.

"sorry?" I asked confused.

"you know.. like a date." He smiled looking up from the ground.

"oh tom.." I frowned

"I think its best we stay friends." I sigh looking at the ground.

I subconsciously start fiddling with my fingers nervously.

"oh.. yeah no. thats fine." He smiled weakly trying to be happy.

"i'm so sorry, I really am you're a really great guy friend and all but i'm just not ready for anything else right now." I apologized.

"It's fine don't worry about it." He let his weak smile fade.