𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAT!"

we all yelled and popped out of our hiding spots once she walked into the room. she has a fresh haircut up to her shoulders and she's wearing a thin, flowy white dress. her girlfriend creeps up on her and gives her a birthday crown, while julian puts her birthday ribbon on. we start playing her favorite song, chanel by frank ocean, and she instantly starts tearing up.

"i can't believe this." a tear falls down her cheek as she sees all of her friends with smiles, playing her favorite song, and all of them being there because it's her special day.

"NATTT? what's the wifi." my brother creeps up on her. god why did i even let the kid come.

i see hamzah sitting on the table, with another one of nat's friends and he's looking at us with a smile.

after a few minutes, everyone else has calmed down a bit, nat is with her girlfriend outside along with a few other people, but i stayed to eat some cupcakes. and hamzah stayed to be on his phone?

"hey hamzy." i grin and sit down next to him with my cupcake. he looks up to me and says, "is it bad that i want to go home?"

"what? why? it's nat's birthday."

"i'm not really a birthday type of person."

"wow, not even on our best friends birthday? well that needs to change. anyway, wanna see what i gave her?" i try to lift him up a little. he nods and i get up and drag him towards her bedroom. i'm sure she won't mind. she had already opened my present in the morning, i was the first one to tell her happy birthday in person, and then we had her surprise party only a few hours later after her mom took her out to eat.

i show him the basket i made for nat. the dress she's wearing right now was one of the presents, along with her favorite chips, a visa gift card, a new rainbow bracelet, and a teddy bear.

"wow. you know her a little to well." he jokes.

i finish eating my cupcake and now it's just us two sitting on the edge of her bed. his burgundy crew neck compliments his skin so well. every time i see this man he looks so beautiful. he reaches over to hold my hand, making the silence heavier than it was before. i lean my head on his shoulder, feeling at peace.

"i wish we were in your room and not in nats" he says in a low voice, sending butterflies throughout my body. he moves his hand and starts caressing my arm. i tilt my head to him and realized i was a lot closer to him than i expected. we both didn't fail to look at eachother, and we both knew what was going to happen next.

we kissed after that. this time, it was longer than all the other times. my fingers tangled in his soft curly hair, and his arm caressing my waist. i almost fell back to the bed and we kissed until we realized oxygen was necessary. before we broke away eventually for air, we felt someone's presence at the door, which was wide open, us being too dumb enough to had even thought about closing it before we sat down on her bed.

"whoa! wait what the fuck..."

i felt my heart drop. it was nat's girlfriend. she was standing at the door of her bedroom, watching us make out for the first time. my bestfriend's girlfriend, who barely no idea of us, just watched us.

"does she even know about this?" she questions.

i get up quickly and walk towards her. "look. she doesn't know. but there's a reason why. it's her birthday. she's gonna think-"

"um, precious." hamzah says as i'm talking. i see nat looking at the both of us, very confused about everything. the front door is open so we hear all the music playing outside. her girlfriend looks back at nat, she also doesn't know what to do.

"what don't i know and why can't you tell me on my birthday?" nat looks at both of us. fuck. i freeze a little bit and she walks in her room. "is there something going on?" she says in a very low voice. i don't know why she's getting a little sad, she looks like she's expecting something bad, well i mean this isn't even that bad. her girlfriend says, "i'm not in this." before leaving the room. i can tell that even she sees it's gonna affect natalie.

"you both better tell me now before she does. either i hear it from you both or shes gonna tell me later."

nat doesn't even make eye contact with the both of us. hamzah is just staring at me, not knowing what to say either. there's a few seconds until nat says "so? are you going to say anything or not?"

now she's only looking at me. nat has this thing where she hates secrets. it's kind of a toxic trait, she forces it out sometimes when it involves her. i sit down on a chair, preparing what i'm going to say.

"she walked in on us."

nat turns around to look at hamzah sitting on her bed. she has a confused expression on her face after what hamzah just blurted. i know damn well we could've approached it in a better way than just saying she walked in on us.

"what the fuck do you mean walked in? like just talking or what? why is this-"

"no, nat. we weren't just talking.."

she gets up and backs up a little. she tilts her head and sees me having a guilty face. "natalie. we were kissing. that's it. nothing else. your girlfriend walked in at a really bad time."

she closes her eyes and processes all of this. i can't even imagine what she might be feeling. betrayal maybe, or i don't know. i don't know if she's gonna be happy, or disappointed, or both?

she doesn't say anything for a few seconds. it's silent besides the music in the background and the people talking outside the window.

"since when were you two this thing? why are you both doing this behind my back? like shit, an explanation would be nice. actually, never mind. i don't wanna hear anything. i'm gonna go enjoy my birthday party with people who actually care about me. fuck you both." she walks out the room and out the house.

me and hamzah both look at eachother. "this is what i didn't want to happen." i say and get up to go look for her.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

hi you sexy mfs

idk how to feel about this :/ i might change it up soon. i just wanted to update this to keep it going. thank u for reading i love u all.