𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

"we're at the other side of the school.."

i put on my thick black oversized sweater, looking up at hamzah who's on the phone with nat. i can hear her yelling at him because she told us to meet up with her at the front of the school.

all i can think about is how warm and soft my bed is. and all the snacks in my drawer that are just there waiting for me to eat them.

"alright, damn. calm down we're gonna go there right now." he hangs up on her and puts his phone in his pockets.

i look up at the sky, it's already turning grey. it looks like there is actually going to be a snow storm.

"she wants us to go to the front."

"let's go then, hamzy." i push his arm to start walking. he currently has a red jacket over his army green hoodie. very bad style, very very bad.

but his looks do make up for it. he has 'glowed up' a lot since all those years we were in school together, and now we're in our 10th year. he's 17, i'm 16, and nat's turning 17 in april.

"are you really not cold with that sweater? i swear it's like 30 degrees."

"i don't have any other choice. i did not expect to go eat today." i shrug.

"well, i have an extra sweater, i can give it to you if you want."

"aww, thanks but no thanks. i think i'm good. besides, it's a lot more closer than walking to my house so i'm definitely good."

"alright miss independent."

"HEYY GUYS. it's cold as fuck. precious is that the only sweater you brought?" nat pulls me into her arms and we start walking. "yessss nat, yes it is. we should walk a little faster please." i snuggle close to her since her warmness really does help.

"oh shit, it's starting to snow." hamzah says as both me and nat walk ahead of him. we turn around to face him and see the tiny snow falling on our hands.

"god, you really couldn't wait huh." nat looks up and shakes her head.

we both laugh and i walk besides hamzah with nat in front of us. "you know my sister really hates when it snows. especially when she has to walk home, she has this fear of like, slipping and falling and no one is there to help her.." hamzah blurts out trying to start a conversation.

"oh really? i mean i kind of see where she's coming from. it sounds traumatic. yeah no, i totally get that. how old is she?" i ask him.

"oh shes 18, she graduates this year. and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, she gets a dorm or something. i'm tired of sharing a room with my brother. what about you? do you have any siblings?"

"i'm the oldest, so i do have a brother. he's 12.. i think? i really don't know. all he does is scream and play fortnite."

"dude, my brother does the same thing. all the fucking time! he even has a fortnite instagram page." he laughs to himself.

"no way.." i laugh, "fortnite brings out the worst and cringiest side of them."

"fuck fortnite man. makes me lose my sleep." hamzah looks down at his feet with the snow falling on his pretty fluffy curls. i can't help but sneak a few glances. he looks back at me and we have this really weird eye contact moment. nat stops and turns around in front of us, the snow piling on the floor.

"we madeee itttt!" nat sings.

the three of us walk in the tiny restaurant, sitting down on the table of three. "so which one of you bitches are ordering," i grin and rub my hands together, finally happy we made it to a warm room.

"nat." hamzah says who's sitting in front of me.

"fuck no. hamzah, you're inviting us!"

"yeah, i'm only paying. didn't say i was doing everything for you two." he says playfully.

both me and nat wow at the same.

i look around the tables to see who's here, and my eyes spot a rainbow bracelet around a girls wrist. she has short black hair that's been curled with a curling iron. i hit nat under the table with my foot.

"damn girl, what was that for?" she yells. i point my head at the girl sitting behind her and nat turns around. she stares for a few seconds in awe.

"what- what are we looking at—" hamzah turns around and sees the girl that nat is eyeing. "shes gay as fuck." he mumbles. nat turns around in excitement at the both of us. "dude, rainbow bracelet? come on now. and look at her phone." she says in the most happiest tone i've ever heard her talk in.

me and hamzah look again.

a purple iphone 11 with a clear phone case.

gay gay gay gay

"she's pretty too." hamzah teases nat and she slaps his shoulder. "don't talk about my future girlfriend like that." she furrows her eyebrows.

hamzah looks back at me and we both cover our mouths, ohhh shit. i swear to god, i have never seen nat so hyped about a girl before, well besides me.

"go up to her nat." i touch her hand and give her my hugest smile. my bestfriend might not be single anymore. "go go go go." hamzah motivates her.

"should i really? fuck i don't wanna embarrass myself. what if that girl in front of her is her girlfriend?"

hamzah scoffs, "dude, they literally look alike. that's her sister, or cousin, or some shit. come on nat! entertain us."

i let out a quick 'yup' and nod my head.  "nattyyyy don't miss your chancee ask her if she's single, if that's her girlfriend then just apologize and come back. we'll get a takeout too." i reassure her.

"fine. fuck fuck fuck," she gets up from her chair and fixes her wrinkled shirt.

"i'm nervous. wish me luck." she leaves the table and walks towards her.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.