𝗼𝗻𝗲

"hamzah , where were you?"

     i looked up from my book to see our teacher stopping the class lecture so she could scold the curly haired boy. he seemed awfully confused & embarrassed standing at the doorway, his hand resting on the wall keeping him balanced and the other holding a cup. "um, miss, i was just late cause i got coffee, to give me energy since i'm up all night studying.." he holds up his starbucks coffee cup. if she believes him i am going to have such a hard time taking teachers serious from now on.

of course, the great 'get a coffee cup when your late to school' trick, and then lie to your teacher and say it's because you were studying all night. i couldn't help but laugh to myself. the rest of the class including the teacher and him turning around to see me.

the teacher turned back to him. "go sit down, hamzah." she orders. he nods and takes a seat behind mine, the only empty one. the coffee smells oddly good.

everyone in this class knows to take her somewhat serious. knowing how she is, how annoying she gets when stuff doesn't go her way, we all just cooperate to not spend a class period getting told how to act.

after a few minutes of her putting in attendance in her computer, i go on my phone. the whole class is talking, since we know she doesn't mind when she's on her computer. i click on tik tok, my little digital safe place that is always here for me when i have nothing else to do. my airpods being connected so no one can hear of course. my for you page is filled with that new "say so dance" , and honestly i don't mind.

i would call myself a doja fan. doja never misses, and if she ever does, i will still force myself to listen to it.

"oh i know her."

i see hamzah grinning from the corner of my eye. i turn my around to fully see him. "her. you know her? and were you looking at my phone this whole time?" i say in a very confused tone. the video is a girl dancing in her bathroom who apparently made this dance. i click on her account and look at her followings. "you know a person with almost 1 million followers? wait, does she go here?" now that i think of it, she actually does look like this girl in my history class.

hamzah laughs and fidgets with his pencil. "dude, shes nowhere near here, she's in the U.S."

hamzah and i have been in almost all of the same classes every year since he moved here in the 4th grade. we just never really got close. there was this one time in 5th grade when we considered eachother friends, but we've just separated since then. different friend groups, even though i'm pretty sure he considers my bestfriend a close friend too. but, this was the first time we acknowledged each other's existence this year, and it's only march.

"ohh i get it, are you guys like in a long distance relationship?" i tease him, putting my phone face side down on his desk as i rest my head on my palm.

hamzah pulls out his phone from his pocket.

"is that a yes or a no." i quickly say.

"wait." he scrolls through something.

"for?"

"okay, look." he flips his phone to me, showing me the sign on tik tok when you're both following eachother "holy shit," i looked closer. "what the hell, that's crazy, a person with almost a million" i say as he faces his phone back to himself, still shocked. he nods and let's out a "uh-huh."

"can you ask her why she's yodeling?"

he chuckles, "believe it or not, i already did."

"great minds think alike. i fucks with you now, hamzah." i put out my hand and he daps me up. that boy always has his huge smile on his face.

"alright shiit, you mind giving me some answers for that quiz on friday?" he puts his phone down and waits for my response to his silly question

"yeah no, you lost your friend privileges." i turn around to face the teacher, just in time before she gets up and starts her lesson again.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

hi everyone <3 <3

by the way, none of the events that happen in the book will be 100% accurate to what happens in real life. i don't know the exact timings of when hamzah blew up or when they started 4freakshow

this is not a x reader i hope u will still read anyway bc the characters are worth reading for😔

i promise it gets better as the story moves on <3

likes and comments are really appreciated! 🙏🙏