✰ ✰ ✰

I get out of my car and walk to the front door unlocking it. I hear a child's laughter and assume Roddy brought Azalea here after he picked her up.

I walk into the living room and see them both on the couch, I smile watching them. They are so cute. It really does shock me to see Roddy like this.

I feel like he puts on a act, being mean to me for no reason. He really didn't have to come at me like that the other night. All I did was shut down the little remark he tried to make and he blew up on me.

I walk over to them not trying to ruin their moment but Azalea looks up at me and squeals. Roddy turns around looking at me. "Hey." I say to him and he nods.

"Hi." Azalea says to me, trying to grab me. "That's all she say. I'm dying for her to learn a new word." Roddy says laughing.

"You can hold her if you want to. She gone be seeing your face a lot housemate." I huff and sit on the couch next to them.

"I do have a name you know. You don't seem to use it, you just yell 'Aye' or just start talking and expect me to listen." He puts Azalea in my lap and she starts playing with my necklace.

"Okay my bad, Malina." I smile. "Thank you Rodrick." He straight faces me and I laugh. "Chill out with the government. Anyways my baby mother is picking up Lea in a few. I didn't know you'd be back so early so I told her Wednesday still."

I nod. I squeeze Azalea's cheeks and she laughs, grabbing onto my fingers. "You still got that baby fever? I mean I cou-"

"Aht! Don't finish that sentence." The buzzer goes off and I point to the door. "Go answer it." He mumbles something as he gets up.

"Huh? What did you say? I didn't hear you." I say moving my hair so he could see my ear. He ignores me and goes to answer the door.

Seconds later I hear footsteps towards the living room. "This is a real nice house. Oh hold on. You the teacher from the pre-school? You dating Azalea's teacher Roddy really?"

I hold up my hand stopping her. "We aren't dating. I thought you guys were to be honest so you don't need to worry about that. I'm ready to get this 'experiment' over and done with."

I hand her Azalea and she uses her baby voice. "Hey baby! You missed mommy? Oh I missed you so much." She says kissing all over her face. I look over at Roddy and he was looking at her with a mug on his face. "What's your name?"

"Malina. Yours?" She holds her hand out for me to shake and I do."Jaelyn. Walk and talk with me?" She asks picking up Azalea's bag.

I nod standing up, following her out of the house. We walk over to her car and she puts Azalea in her car seat.

"Okay so, a few things. I'm not a bitter baby mother, I couldn't care less about who Roddy is with. As long as my daughter is safe and got what she need, I don't care what he does. We just co-parent, only time we talk is when it is in regards to our daughter. He might be mad if he found out I told you this but, you are about to live with him for however long so he might end up telling you." She leans against her car.

"Me and Roddy don't even know each other that much. I was a one night stand who was dumb enough to get pregnant. He made it clear as soon as he found out Azalea was his that he wanted nothing to do with me or anyone except his daughter." I nod and continue to listen to her.

"Like honestly, my family do not know he is her dad. They know of him as Roddy Ricch. Not as Azalea's father. It will come out eventually when she gets older but as of now, I've managed to stay silent about it."

"So they haven't asked about your baby father at all?" She shrugs. "I mean they have, but I always shut it down by saying I'm only worried about my daughter and my daughter only. So they let it go, they know her father is in her life just not who it is. He is a great father don't get me wrong, he just don't know anything about me. Ask him what my middle name is, he won't have an answer."

I shift my weight over to my left leg and cross my arms over my chest. "This just don't make any sense to me. Why you telling me all this? You don't know me and you just tryna tell me your life story. It seems like you're telling me you don't want anything to do with Roddy but in reality you do. Like you tryna praise him but bash him at the same time."

She seem real shady and I don't like it, I ain't trusting her with shit. "No I don't seriously, I was just telling you about him."

"You can't tell me about him because you just said you didn't know anything about him. I hate bitches like you for real. You the type to talk shit to or about people unprovoked. That shit is weird as fuck. I'm a stranger to you, why you telling me your business?"

She stays silent and I look over to Azalea. "Bye bye sweetie." I say to her and she waves, smiling back at me. I walk back into the house locking the front door behind me.

Roddy was sitting in the kitchen eating some pineapple pieces and he offers me some. "You want some? Even though I'm sure it's sweet enough down there." He says smirking. I take a piece and try to not to smile.

"ANYWAYS! Your babymother is weird. Deadass." He raises his eyebrows and nods. "What was y'all talking about?" I give him a quick breakdown of what she said. He was just sat there sucking his teeth and shaking his head.

"This is why I didn't say anything. I wanted you to see for yourself. She likes to exaggerate. She was just a crazy groupie that wanted me. She lying about wanting her daughter safe. Jaelyn don't care about Azalea like that. She left her in the-" He stops himself and shakes his head.

"I'm not even gone start on this shit. Just forget it, I'm dealing with it." He says continuing to eat his pineapples.

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

✯