10. Spicy

You

I'll learn to love myself. I'll learn to believe in myself the same way he did. I'll get there, I made a promise secretly.

I cried silently onto Suga's soaked jacket. I hope he didn't feel it, because I was so embarrassed. I felt a chill up my spine. Was it from the cold? 

No, it was because I could hear his heartbeat! 

I pulled myself away from him, flustered. "S-sorry!"

"No! I'm sorry! I grabbed you out of nowhere!" He blushed. He looked so cute when he did.

"I hope I'm not being too forward, but do you want to come in? You can dry your clothes in the dryer while the rain slows down a bit."

"Really! That'd be great! Thank you so much, (Y/N)!"

---

Sugawara

Her apartment studio smelled exactly like her. It was the bare essentials, an unmade bed and a desk and chair for work, with papers all over the place. How does anyone live like this?

"Sorry I just moved in a week ago. I'm still getting settled, but make yourself at home!" she faked a laugh.

She was so vulnerable before, standing outside her apartment, telling me her insecurities. I wanted to protect her, to tell her that she didn't have to be anyone but herself around me. I wanted to tell her that she could trust me, that she didn't have to pretend to smile all the time. She needs to know how I feel about her.

"I like you-" Oh no, did that just come out of my mouth?

"Hm? Did you say something?

"I like your place," I recovered quickly. Close one. I wonder if she heard...

---

You

I heard him say it the first time as I walked to the bathroom. I took off my wet clothes and looked at my reflection in the mirror. How could he possibly like me? I immediately thought, but then I stopped myself from this negativity. Maybe if I start liking myself, I'll see what he sees in me.

---

Sugawara

After we both dried ourselves up, I found myself in her kitchen helping her cook. I love cooking, but I never cooked with a girl before. It felt so intimate - just me and her in the kitchen. We were making mapo tofu, my favorite. 

Do I tell her my feelings for her? Right now? Maybe when we're eating? I don't know-

"Suga? Did you hear me?" she asked.

"Uh, sorry, what?" I snapped out of it.

"How spicy do you want it to be?"

"Extra spicy!" I said too eagerly.

She laughed, "I love spicy, too."

While we were eating, she told me everything about her. She told me her dreams, her family, her childhood, her work. She told me about how she missed Japanese food when she was in America, and now she missed American food now that she's in Japan. She answered all my questions, even the weirder ones like "do you believe in aliens?" or "what would your desert island book be?" She told me her favorite color, her favorite time of year.

I wanted to cherish this moment forever – her eyes would sparkle whenever she was talking about something she was passionate about, her lips would curl into a smile whenever I mentioned something a bit out of the ordinary, her brows would raise ever so slightly if she was surprised. She was so interesting. Everything about her. I was falling for her more and more.

After the rain stopped, I thanked her for her hospitality and excused myself home. I wanted her to ask me to stay the night, but I realized that would be too forward.

---

You

I laid in my bed, staring into the camera of the photo I took of the Karasuno volleyball team. My eyes made its way to Suga smiling, who was just here moments earlier.

He is so cute. 

He really was sweet, encouraging me, supporting me. It allowed me to be vulnerable about my insecurities.

Then I looked at Kageyama, who in his own way, comforted me as well. He didn't have the words like Suga, but he did his best. He understood me, and he forgave me, which is more than I can ask for.

Wait - all this happened in one day?! And they both saw me cry! And... they both hugged me! 

My cheeks turned red at the thought, and I tossed and turned in bed until I fell asleep.

---

Author's Note

Suga-mama, you cookin' for me too?! Boy, I can't even. You have the key to my heart- through my stomach!

Sorry this chapter jumped from one POV to another! I'm jumpy today!!!