20. Semi-Finals

Skip to Spring Interhigh Qualifiers

On the third day of the Miygai Prefectural Qualifiers, Karasuno faced Aoba Johsai in the Semi -Finals. Karasuno beat Seijoh the first set: 25-23. Seijoh claimed the second set: 26-28,  and Karsuno ultimately won the final set: 26-24. Tomorrow Karasuno will advance to the finals against Shiratorizawa Academy.

I put down my pen and looked at the score once more. I couldn't believe my eyes. Karasuno beat Aoba Johsai.

Throughout the game, they looked at me. Suga would smile, giving me a thumbs up. Toru would wink at me. Tobio would blush and look away. Each of them were so passionate about volleyball, and it brought me so much joy to witness it. I loved watching each of them excel in the same position but with very different talents. I loved watching each of them interact with their teammates, their personalities were shining all so differently. I loved cheering for both teams. I loved being there for them. I had such strong feelings for each of them, but these feelings were all so different just like them.

I loved Suga for his kindness, his patience, his understanding.

I loved Tobio for his tenacity, his vulnerability, his thoughtfulness.

I loved Toru for his determination, his playfulness, his values.

My heart pounded as I saw my three setters. Suga had his arms wrapped around both Daichi and Asahi. Tobio was panting, his hands on his knees. Toru was strongly holding back tears, slapping Iwaizumi on the back. I couldn't help but feel emotional myself. I buried my face into my hands, crying tears of both joy and sadness.

The boys were making their way towards the exit, and I started to pack my belongings. I stood up from the bench, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I didn't have the right words to say to any of them.

The three setters must have sensed my presence, and they turned around simultaneously. They each had a faint smile on their face, all different. They each extended their hands towards me.

This time, I didn't run away. This time, I chose. 

---

PICK YOUR FATE:

If you choose Oikawa, continue to chapter 21

If you choose Suga, continue to chapter 22

If you choose Kageyama, continue to chapter 23

If you choose to be by yourself, continue to chapter 24