"You're welcome, Your Highness. If you need anything from me, just call me," the maid said before bowing and stepping out of the room.

Luana looked at the large, beautifully wrapped package and took the little card that came with it to read it.

┌─────── ∘◦❁◦∘ ───────┐

Happy birthday to the most
beautiful princess in the
world.
I hope that you'll like this
little gift.

Your dear dad.

└─────── ∘◦❁◦∘ ───────┘

She smiled affectionately at those words before putting the small card on the table and opening the package to discover its contents.

"It's exactly what I needed. I love you, Dad," she whispered, smiling excitedly.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

In the evening, all the guests gathered in the main hall. The orchestra was playing soft music to match the warm and cozy atmosphere inside. After a few minutes of waiting, the emperor and his daughter made their entrance under the dazzled eyes of the guests.

The princess was magnificent, breathtakingly beautiful. She was wearing a very beautiful light blue, off-shoulders dress with transparent large sleeves that were adorned with pretty little white flowers. She also wore pretty high heels that matched the dress, a white choker necklace and small earrings of the same colour. As for her long wavy black hair, it was styled half up and half down.

As Arthur walked down the main hall with her, he couldn't help but see the resemblance she had with Isadora.

"You're beautiful. Your mother had such an exceptional taste. It doesn't surprise me that this dress was her favorite," he whispered to her with a smile.

"Thank you, Dad. And you're right. It's very beautiful. It's the best birthday gift I could ever get," she replied, smiling back at him.

"I'm glad you like it."

"I'm very happy right now. And I would have been happier if you were my partner for the dance."

"I would have really liked to be able to accompany you for your first dance, my angel... But, as you see... I'm not feeling very well-" he said apologetically while coughing softly.

"Dad, I'm really worried about you. The coughing didn't stop at all. It just increased."

"It's nothing too serious. It will pass, don't worry about me."

"If you say so..." she whispered, not completely convinced.

"I want you to enjoy this evening to the fullest, Luana. So, I've chosen a partner to accompany you for your first dance," he stated with a smile.

"You shouldn't have, Dad. We could do without that-"

"Oh no! No way! The princess' first dance is very important in her 18th birthday ball," he exclaimed seriously.

Luana chuckled slightly at his adorable reaction.

"As you wish, Dad. So, who's my partner?" she asked curiously.

"There he is," he answered, looking straight ahead.

Luana looked in the same direction her father was looking at to meet the cold gaze of Captain Koraxos who was walking slowly and elegantly towards them. She felt her heart skip a beat at his appearance.