Chapter 11

The night was long for Luana who was only thinking about her father's condition. The fear of failing on her mission devoured her from within. But she still had hope.

Morning finally came. The young girl woke up very early to get prepared for her long journey.

Sitting on her bed, looking out the window, she noticed that the weather was even colder than the day before, and that the sky was covered with gray clouds. A storm was approaching.

'I hope that the weather won't be an obstacle in our mission,' she thought.

She got up from her bed to take a quick bath. Then, she stood in front of her wardrobe to get dressed. She opted for a black turtleneck sweater, black pants, knee-length boots of the same color and a long brown cape to keep her warm. She gathered her hair up into a high ponytail.

The princess stood in front of the mirror to look at her reflection.

'I'm pretty much ready. I only have one thing missing now.'

She walked over to her dressing table to open one of the drawers. She pulled out a medium-sized wooden box and opened it. The latter contained a magnificent silver dagger decorated with some precious red stones. She took it and put it on a small pocket that was hanging on her waist.

Then, she took one last glance at her room before going out, taking with her her big brown bag which contained the necessities she had prepared the day before.

She locked her room and took the key with her.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

Once arrived at the main entrance of the palace, in the courtyard, Luana saw the imperial knights accompanied by their captain. They were preparing their horses for departure.

Her bodyguard noticed her presence and walked over to her.

"Good morning, Your Highness," he greeted, bowing.

"Good morning, Lucas," she replied, smiling slightly.

Leo, who was behind Lucas, walked over to Luana and rubbed his nose against her face.

"Good morning to you too, Leo," she greeted while smiling and stroking his head gently.

"Give me your bag, Your Highness. I'll put it away with the rest of our things," the young knight said.

"Okay. Thank you, Lucas. Is everything ready ?"

"Yeah. Everything is ready for our departure, Your Highness. We're waiting for your signal."

"Very good."

When she wanted to get on her horse, the doors of the palace opened, revealing Duke Lobelia that was accompanied by his daughter and Lady Taliny.

"Uncle Angus..." Luana whispered.

He hurriedly approached the princess and hugged her very tightly in his arms.

"I couldn't not say goodbye to you, Luana... Take care of yourself and don't expose yourself too much to danger, My Child," he said.

Luana hugged him back tightly.

"Don't worry, Uncle Angus. Take good care of yourself and dad too. I know I can trust you."

"Your father is in good hands with us, Luana. You can be at ease about that. You just have to focus on your mission," he reassured, smiling.

"I know. And above all, stay alert. We don't know if there will be another attack like the last time."

"We've already taken our precautions regarding this. Don't worry at all."