Chapter 1: Monday Sucks

I jolted awake at the sound of my iPhone ringing.

"Hey, Lou," I said to my best friend.

He quickly replied, out of breath

"Mikey, we're gonna be late!"

My eyes raced across the room to find the time on my cable box-7:40.

"Ok we have 20 minutes to get to school be right there."

I said bye to my parents and quickly ate a breakfast bar. I ran out the door to find Louis, standing in front of his red Lamborghini. I opened the passenger door and quickly sat, turning the butt-heater on. Louis got in the car and turned the ignition on. Black ice was everywhere, making the drive to school even more dangerous.

"Have you heard from Harry at all lately?" Louis said sounding a little nervous.

"I was going to ask you the same." I replied.

We got to school. Louis walked in with me, but he had to go to a different class. I gave him a friendly hug and walked to my locker. My friends came walking over, quoting Mean Girls. "On Wednesdays we wear pink." "If you're from Africa, why are you white?" "You can't sit with us!" Everyone loves that movie. My friend Britney said hello, shooting me a smile. Anthony and Gabrielle were fighting to see who could name the most Mean Girls quotes. I snapped them out of their "competition" and said hey. They both greeted me back. The three told me to come to class with them, but I saw another one of my best friends, Niall coming. So, I stayed at my locker. I had five best friends: Louis, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Harry. Niall put his arm around me, friendly.

"Whats up, bestie? Niall shouted.

I chuckled at the fact that Niall said bestie.

"Nothing, really. Just happy to see my best friend!" I said, smiling.

Niall was wearing his green "Free Hugs" t-shirt, with baggy jeans and white Jordan's.

"I have to get to class now." Niall said, with a sad face.

I said that I'd see him after class. The bell rang and I threw my books in my bag, slammed my locker and ran to class.

Biology was very boring, until Zayn came in. He had a black Hollister shirt on with black jeans and gray loafers. He sat right next to me, touching my hand to get my attention, which he already had. He pulled out his books and looked at mine to see what page we were on. He obviously wasn't going to pay attention, so I didn't either. He kept poking me, causing me to laugh every time. The teacher looked directly at us, Zayn and I were trying to keep straight faces.

At lunch I saw Liam, but he was running from something. But what? My mind quickly forgot about the topic when Niall, Louis, and Zayn sat down with me. Niall pulled out: a banana, two ham and cheese sandwiches, potato chips, and carrots for Louis. Zayn pulled out a granola bar and a Pepsi. Louis pulled out money to buy a cheeseburger from school. I forgot something because I was rushed out the door. Niall gave me one of his sandwiches. I felt special, because Niall never shares food. Louis and Zayn chuckled.

After school, Louis drove me home. His red Lamborghini slightly slipped on the black ice. He tightly squeezed the wheel, trying to protect us. Louis turned on his blinker, to go on my street. He turned the black leather wheel. I looked out my window and all I saw were headlights. I felt Louis' hand on my chest, he was trying to protect me. The car spun out of control. Everything was black.