Chapter 3: Not Hungry

I woke up to Jackie, sticking a thermometer in my mouth.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled with the thermometer in my mouth.

"I went to wake you up a few minutes ago and you were burning up." She explained.

I touched my hand to my forehead, and she was right. My forehead felt like fire.

"Do you want chicken soup?" She asked.

The thought of food made me want to puke. Soup was my favorite, and I didn't want it. I didn't want any food. I knew I wasn't sick though.

Jackie left to go to work at Maurice's. She was sleeping over her friend's house for a few days since mom and dad were gone. I heard the car engine start, it sounded louder than usual. Everything around me sounded louder. I could hear the birds outside, and none of my windows were open. I closed my eyes, trying to block out the noise.

About two minutes later I felt a breeze. I looked up and saw my friend Harry, the window was open. I quickly uncovered my self and sprouted up and hugged Harry.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"You'll find out soon enough." He replied.

I started crying because I was so happy to see Harry.

"I'm here now, you don't need to cry." He whispered.

That made me want to cry even more. I looked into his hazel eyes. I stepped back and accidentally stepped on a thumbtack.

"Ow!" I screamed, pulling the tack out.

Harry tensed. His hazel eyes were turning orange. Then those same eyes I had looked at for years, turned red. Blood red. I backed away. Harry came closer. I turned away from him and ran down the stairs. I looked behind me to check to see if Harry was following. I turned back and Harry was in front of me. 

"How did you get here this fast?" I asked, nervously.

"The same way you have been getting to school." He explained.

I remembered my ability to run fast. I looked back into his eyes, seeing the blood red. I shook with fear.

"Why are your eyes red?" I questioned, shaking.

"The same reason you haven't been hungry for food, the same reason that you can hear things better, the same reason you are scared of yourself," he said, "I'm here to help you."

"The accident. You are a vampire. You pulled me out of that car. You bit me and changed me into a vampire." I said.

"Don't be afraid, I'm begging you" He said.

I nodded my head. He took my hand and almost immediately we were outside. We went through the window.

"Follow me. Try to keep up." He said, smirking.

He ran and I followed. He was in the lead, I was falling behind. Harry had gone far ahead of me. I couldn't even hear him anymore. I started breathing heavily. I stumbled and fell. My sight was turning black, everything got darker by the second until I could see nothing. All of my senses stopped, I couldn't feel, see, taste, hear, or smell anything.