Din walked out and guided me to the gate, his hand on my lower back as we walked. Lang breathed deeply as he opened the gate for us.

The child began to coo, and Lang looked at it. “What is that thing?”

“We keep it around for luck.”

“You’re gonna need it where you’re headed.”

“Well, these are the coordinates. Keep your eyes open. We must be close. You hear that? Don’t worry. Sit right here. Let me see what’s out there. Justine, come on.” he started walking after setting the kid down.

Before either of us could process it, a Torgrutan woman hopped down from the trees and started attacking us with her dual bladed white lightsabers. I remembered the weapons from back during the purge and the Clone Wars.

“Ahsoka Tano!” I shout, just as soon as her blade almost went through me. 

Din panted, taking a few deep breaths, “Bo-Katan sent me. We need to talk.” he held his hand out, looking at me for a second.

The woman, Ahsoka, looked to the Child. “I hope it’s about him.”

Ahsoka and the Child were awfully silent, except for his occasional babbles and coos, and her nodding. “Is he speaking? Do you understand him?” Din kneeled down beside them. It was night now.

“ In a way. Grogu and I can feel each other’s thoughts.” Ahsoka shrugged slowly.

“Grogu?” I raised an eyebrow, sitting beside them.

“Yes. That’s his name. But I do not know yours. I can sense an old past, and damaged one. Pain… loss...an-”

“That’s enough. My past is in the past, and it doesn’t need to be mentioned.” I say, glaring a bit, “My name is Justine. Ex Mandalorian.”

“Grogu.” Din whispered, still shocked that the Child had a name.

The Child, Grogu, looked up at him and made an odd little snort.

Ahsoka began to explain to us what Grogu had somewhat told her.  “He was raised at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Many Masters trained him over the years. At the end of the Clone Wars when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden. Someone took him from the Temple. Then his memory becomes… dark. He seemed lost. Alone. I’ve only known one other being like this. A wise Jedi Master named Yoda.  Can he still wield the Force?”

“You mean his powers?” Din said confidently.

“The Force is what gives him his powers. It is an energy field created by all living things. To wield it takes a great deal of training and discipline.”

“I’ve seen him do things I can’t explain. My task was to bring him to a Jedi.”