Chapter 43: Do You Think There Is A Soul In This World?

Start from the beginning

At this time, Sun Jianguo was already the president of the Jianguo Group. The latest news stated that he was ill and was being treated in a private hospital.

After finding his whereabouts, in the afternoon, Ye Sui put the can of malted milk in her bag, took her amulet, Chen Shu, and set off.

Chen Shu was driving, while Ye Sui took the front seat. He looked at Ye Sui from the corner of his eye and worried about her body, “Are you sick? What’s wrong?”

Ye Sui held the bag in her arms and looked at the can of malted milk, “A friend asked me to visit an old man.”

Chen Shu could only sigh and returned to the state of driving with a look of lethargy. Except for Ye Sui, no one in this world could make him emotional.

The private hospital where Sun Jianguo stayed was remote and secluded. When they arrived, it was already dark.

Under the vast night sky, the hospital’s sign lit up at night, pushing the darkness away a bit. However, the tall hospital building still seemed to be hidden in the night.

Ye Sui was sitting in the car, and while looking at the night outside, she felt a little scared.

At this moment, the door opened, with a hand appearing in front of Ye Sui. She raised her head and saw Chen Shu’s earnest gaze, encouraging her.

“It’s alright, don’t be afraid.”

Chen Shu remembered that the other day when he was stunned, Ye Sui had said the same to him.

Ye Sui smiled suddenly and held Chen Shu’s hand. He then pulled Ye Sui towards the hospital building, recalling that she would not be scared whenever she pulled his hand.

The hospital at night was a place of life, death, wards with closed doors, and empty corridors.

The cold instantly penetrated through the soles of her feet. Ye Sui could feel the wind and the ghost’s breath blowing towards her face. However, since she kept on holding Chen Shu’s hand, so she didn’t see a single ghost along the way.

No matter how dangerous and terrible a ghost was, it could not draw near her because of Chen Shu’s abundant yang energy.

The elevator soon reached the top floor. Sun Jianguo was admitted to a senior VIP ward with two bodyguards standing at the door.

Ye Sui let go of his hand and said, “Chen Shu, wait for me here.”

Chen Shu nodded and obediently sat on a chair in front of the ward. He rubbed his finger, feeling Ye Sui’s lingering warmth.

Chen Shu looked down at his hand for a moment, took out his tablet, and began to deal with the unfinished business today.

“Please tell Mr. Sun—” Ye Sui walked up to the bodyguard “—that Chen Yue has a few words for him.”

After a while, the bodyguards came out and let Ye Sui enter the ward.

Ye Sui went into the room and looked into the bed. Sun Jianguo was lying there with a lot of tubes connected to his body and cold instruments beside him to monitor his vital signs.

Sun Jianguo was very ill, and his internal organs were dying rapidly. He might die in the next second. Sun Jianguo’s condition was getting worse and worse, but he still clung on to his life.

Doctors said that he was barely surviving with only one breath. They speculated that Sun Jianguo might have an unfulfilled wish which was supporting him to live.

Chen Yue had her face in tears when she saw Sun Jianguo in the hospital bed. She did not expect that when she saw Sun Jianguo again, he would already be so sick.