Chapter Nine

A/N

Again, long chapter

Jace walked the Institute halls looking for Isabelle after she had texted him about needing to talk about Meliron, her now ex-boyfriend who happened to be the seelie and was under suspicion from the Clave for feeding information to the one and only Valentine Morgenstren. But there were more important things on Jace's mind other than Isabelle's little boy crisis. Like what was going on with Alec who apparently could sense death and did drawing in his sleep which made on sense at all. Of course Alec didn't tell Jace this, he'd had eavesdropped on his conversation with Magnus who seemed to know what was going on with Alec and seemed to care about Alec a lot in the short time that they had known each other. From what he saw Alec and Magnus had this unspoken thing that they shared but wouldn't admit to anyone or each other.

Eventually Jace found Isabelle in the op's center looking at one of the monitors he huffed, annoyed slightly that Isabelle had pulled him away from learning more as to what was going on with Alec. He walked over to her, starting to notice how serious her body language was. Arms crossed, deadpan face. 'This isn't good.' He thought to himself joining Isabelle at her side.

"What is it Izzy?" He asked in a hushed tone, being careful if people were listening to them.

"Meliron is being taken to the City of Bones." She said quickly prentening to to type something on the monitor screen to not draw attention.

"What?"

"There's something else. The Clave knows that Clary has the cup." Jace's eyes widened in shock.

"How did they know? " 

"Meliron told Lydia as he was being questioned. They are searching her room now." Jace tried to move past Isabelle so he could stop Lydia but she held him back. "Jace charging in there isn't the answer."

"Then what do we do then?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows at her. "Clary has risked everything to get the cup. This situation wouldn't even be happening if your little boyfriend had let slip that-"

"I know that Jace." Isabelle snapped. "But Meliron is here because of me, and now he is being taken to the City of Bones."

"So you want to pull a rescue? What about the cup?"

"I have a plan." Isabelle assured. "The Clave doesn't know the cup is here, the only problem is the vault can only be opened with Alec's stele."

"And how do you suggest we get it? Alec keeps on him at all times."

"Magnus, maybe he can help. Say how it affects everyone if the Clave gets the cup, If the Clave is willing to subject Meliorn to the Silent Brothers, if they're willing to go this far- "

"We can't ask Magnus." Jace cut Isabelle before she could finish. She jerked her head back in surprise.

"Why not? We can't ask Alec to just had over the cup he's all follow the rules and something is going on with him-"

"I know that Izzy." Jace nearly yelled. "I know what you mean. I'm his parabatai, I know when something is off with him. At least I thought I knew." He paused, taking a breath to think of how he would word what he was going to say next. "Izzy something is going on with Alec."

"How do you know?"

"I overheard him talking with Magnus about how he could sense death and something about something called a Banhee and Banshee."

"What are those and how can he sense death?"

"That's the point I don't know. But Magnus does and Magnus seems to care about Alec an awful lot and he seems to be the only one that knows what is going on with him, and Alec is confining in him, we can't ask Magnus to steal Alec's stele for us." Jace reasoned seeing Isabelle sigh knowing that he was right. Whatever was going on with her brother Magnus seemed to be helping him with it. But her mind warned off the other night at the Jade wolf. When the alpha died and Alec nearly screamed the whole place down the werewolves seemed to know what was going on. Her mind seemed to be drifting out of the current situation she was in, thinking about the other night and what a Banhee and Banshee was. "Izzy, Iz." Jace shook her shoulder slightly, seeing her space off for a bit.