Chapter 13: Her Arrival

(Time Skip A month later) 

Mizuki POV 

"Hahhh." I sigh out as I fall to the ground covered in sweat.  I close my eyes feeling completely worn out and exhausted from my training.  I look up at the sky seeing the bright blue sky of spring.  I smile slightly as the occasional cool breeze cools me down.  

"You alright?"  I hear as I look to the side seeing Michikatsu stride over to me with sweat falling dripping down his face as well.  I could feel my heart beat quicker as I smile as lift up my hand to wave.  "Yeah, just tired and admiring the weather."  I say out as I look away from him, trying to push these feelings away. 

"I see.  Today is quite nice."  Michikatsu says as he stands over me and offers his hand.  I smile widely as I see his gesture, wasting in no time to grab onto his hand.  "Thanks."  I say as he gives me a smile in return.

"Michikastu. Mizuki."  Sato-san calls out to us, breaking that moment.  We both turn to look at him.  "Take a quick break and we'll continue with training in a bit.  Also Mizuki, when you're done with your break, head out and retrieve some water."  Sato-san says as I nod my head and give him a smile.  

Picking up my training sword, which is now a real metal sword.  I smile slightly as I look down at it, admiring the way it shined and reflected in the light.  I walk over to the rack and place it down.  "Let's head inside Michikatsu.  I'll prepare some snacks for us and I'll head out to get water."  I say as I head towards the house. 

I glance at Michikatsu seeing him nod his head and follow me inside.  

As I finish making our snack consisting of simple rice balls and tea, I set it down as we enjoy the relaxing atmosphere during our break.  I smile slightly as I enjoy the taste of the riceball and thinking back to my progress that I've made in the past years and this past month. 

Ever since I had decided that I wanted to become even stronger so I could go home, I had pushed myself harder than before.  Perhaps, too much.  To my surprise Michikatsu had found me in the back by Yoriichi's room practicing.  I didn't think that he would come out so late in the night and find me, once more that he hadn't noticed I was training at that time. 

Though I did receive a little scolding from him that I was pushing myself too hard after he found out that I was training so late in the night, when he could clearly see my eye bags in the morning.  Perhaps the lack of sleep made my movements and training more exhausting.  But seeing him check up on me at night telling me to go to bed or caring about me made my heart swell.  

I furrow my brows slightly at this feeling and put my hand over my chest.  Lifting my gaze, I glance at Michikatsu who is sitting across from me enjoying the snack as he looks outside.  The smile soon returns back on my face as I admire his features.  'No matter how stern his face is and how emotionless it seems.  But when he smiles that coldness seems to disappear.'      

"Mizuki?"  Michikatsu questions with the slight tilt of his head as he meets my gaze.  Widening my eyes slightly realizing I was staring, I could feel my face heating up and I smile as I wave my hand around.  "Oh sorry for staring, I was just lost in thought." I say trying to brush it off. 

Nodding his head in understanding, he picks up another onigiri.  I sigh out as I put down my tea cup and get up from my comfortable spot.  "I'll going to retrieve the water now.  Tell Sato-san that I'll be back in a bit."  I say as I straighten out my clothes and see Michikatsu nodding his head.  

I smile towards him before leaving the room to retrieve the buckets and the wooden staff that I use to carry the buckets.  Setting the buckets on the side, I lift the staff over my shoulders and make my way out of the house.