Chapter 22: Starlight

Timeskip: 2 years
*Mizuki is 18 years old now

3rd POV

"Mizuki!" A male voice warned to the young lady who had her dark brown hair with bluish ends in a pony tail.

The girl turned her head a narrowly dodge the incoming attack from the demon. The girl's eyes narrowed as she saw the demon smirk at her. Its eyes randomly shifting left to right as it quickly glanced to her acquaintance.

"Takeya, it seems that this demon has brought back up. How strange." She spoke as the male nodded his head and glares towards the other surrounding demons.

"Indeed, its sight to see. After all they fight each other to see who will get to eat. And they don't work together in most cases unless...." The man replied back as the demons dashed forward. The two demon slayers stepped back where their backs touched each other.

"Hahah!~ Farewell swordsmen~!" The main demon spoke as he stood off to the side watching in amusement.

"Yes. Farewell." The lady spoke as she sent out a quick slash towards the group of demons who ran towards her. Her blade seemed to spark and glow as she took a couple steps forward.

"plop. plop" the sound of multiple heads and bodies falling to the ground were heard. Decaying demons were scattered all around as the two demon slayers had finished the demons almost in a blink of an eye. The two of them immediately took in their new surrounding and turned with a threatening glare towards the last demon.

The demon looked down at them in slight shock as it clenched it's teeth and bared its claws out. "Those useless bastards!"

"Mizuki it seems that you've gotten stronger yet again." Takeya spoke out with a small smile as he glanced towards his friend. A small tug of her lips arose and she let out a chuckle despite the atmosphere being heavy and thick.

"It seems you have as well. But lets see how this one will deal with the both of us" She spoke as her eyes scanned the remaining demon.

"I'll kill you both!~ Too bad those weaklings didn't offer any amusement!" The demon shouted before quickly appearing in front of the two. Widening their eyes, Mizuki clashed her sword with the demon's claws as she noted that this demon was faster than the other one's that she had ever been up against.

Takeya had quickly went behind and started attacking the demon along with Mizuki.

"Hahahah! This is so fun! Girl, you are quite a strange one indeed!"

Glancing to the side, both demon slayers had made eye contact signaling a message to each other.

At that signal the both of them attacked simultaneously. This allowed Takeya to slice off an arm as it was occupied by Mizuki's attack.

"Tch! Damn!" the demon yelled out as it looked behind him to attack Takeya, allowing Mizuki to come in closer and send another attack. However, the demon easily evaded her's and jumped far away from the two.

As the demon did, it grinned and a thick fog started to cover the area. "Blood Demon Art?" Takeya spoke out as he quickly stood by my side. I nod and take a deep breath as I listen to where the demon would be.

The fog continued to become thicker and more harder to see through. "Hahaha you demon slayers! Why don't the two of you look around?" The demon spoke playfully, as he suddenly sprung out of the fog and gashed my arm.

Hissing, I tried to graze him with my attack, however failed in doing so. "Mizuki! You alright?" Takeya asked as he walked closer to me to check the wound. "Yeah, just focus on the demon"