Chapter 16: In Love?

Mizuki POV  

"By the way it seems, it looks like you like him." Akane states blantly as she tilts her head. 

"Huh?"  I breath out as my eyes widen and my heart beats faster. Holding onto my chest slightly tighter.

'It can't be...'   

"Besides I don't see a problem with you two, you're the only one who talks to him and you would make a good match." Akane states as she scans my face.

My eyes widen as I repeat her words in my head and mumble them out. "I like him?" Cluelessly I shake my head slightly. "You mean like him as a friend?" I question causing Akane to shake her head and look at me with a 'look'.

"No, like you love him. You have this look that tells me that you're in love. Its quite clear too. Well at least to me." She rests her head in her palms as she asks me, "Don't you love him, Mizuki?" Akane speaks. Once again leaving me speechless with wide eyes as my face becomes slowly becomes hotter.

 Slowly lifting my hands to hold onto my chest. "I love him? Really? Do I really look like that?" I mumble out causing the older woman to nod her head as she glances at her husband.

"You didn't know? It really looks like it to me though. Are you not in love with him?" She questions again. 

"Love....Is that the feeling whenever I see him smile, this fluttering feeling that erupts in my chest.  Is that why I tend to enjoy our time together more than I thought I would. The reason why I tend to smile so much when I'm around him? Is it why I feel so conflicted inside? I don't really know....Is that love Akane?" I ask like a clueless child.  I was so confused and clueless about these feelings of mine.

Back in my world, I hadn't felt this way for anyone, of course I admired and favored some guys at our school. But I never had this feeling for anyone at the school either. It was a different feeling. Back then, I never was close to any guys either, just merely acquaintances or classmates.

Blinking at me, Akane nods her head. "Yes, like I said before it seems that your in love.  Those things of you told me, tells me you feel that way to him. I had those feelings when it came to Yuzu." she states as Yuzu turns his head away with a red blush decorated on his cheeks.

Nodding my head, I blankly stare down at my lap.  'I'm in love with Michikatsu......I'm in love....Love.....Michikatsu......I-' 

"Ahem!  Well you little love sick Mizuki, don't tell me that you're not gonna marry him~  Tell me any problems you have and I'll answer them~"  Akane cheers slightly as she gushes about helping me with my love life.  

Though her words come in one ear and out the other.  "I can't."  I mumble out as I tighten my fist and my expression turns sour.  

"H-huh?"  Akane questions as she looks towards her husband and back at me.  "Why not, Mizuki?"  

Fiddling with the hem of my pants, I shake my head as I keep my gaze in the tea cup, having my reflection staring back at me.  "I can't marry Michikatsu, Akane.  I-"  Stopping myself as my hands start to become clammy.

"Wait what do you mean?" Akane pushes further as Yuzu holds onto her shoulder as he gives her a look to stop.  Feeling myself being overwhelmed with emotions, I snap.  

"I just can't!!  He's gonna get married to another girl." I yell slightly and realize what I had just done.  Looking up to meet their surprised look, I lower my head with shame.  "I'm sorry.  I-I didn't mean to.  It's best that I should go now.  Thank you for the hospitality."  I state as I quickly get up and bow.