Just Keep Your Mouth Shut

Warnings: lots of alcohol mentions, kinda underage drinking, getting drunk

Five had had a rough day. Actually, he'd had several rough days, and they'd all piled up and led to this one feverish drinking session.

Which is exactly what you came home to.

You dropped your purse on the counter of the massive mansion, and your ears picked up the sound of clinking glass from the bar.

"Oh no," you muttered, heading into the kitchen to see Five sprawled out across the stools on his back, swinging his legs lazily and humming a song that you'd never heard before.

"Y/N! My favorite girl!" he said, his words slurred as he reached out for you, almost falling off the stools. You hurried over to grab him and he stood up, hands on your shoulders, head cocked. "How you been babe?"

You rolled your eyes and pushed him off you, resulting in him almost falling over and slamming his head on the bar counter. Several empty bottles of whiskey and other liquors were arrayed there. "You're disgusting."

"Hey! It's been a rough day, sweetheart," he defended, running a hand through his hair as he stumbled toward you again. You just sighed in defeat as he pulled you into a tight hug. "I needed ... something. And you weren't around for cuddles."

"Since when have you ever cuddled? Or ever wanted to?"

"Always Y/N! I loooooooooooove you, after all, ain't that what you do when you love somebody? You cuddle and kiss and hug and are in love together!" He leaned toward you but you pushed him away, suppressing a laugh and wishing you could be recording the whole thing.

"Okay psycho, you need rest and maybe an orange juice in a few hours," you told him firmly, sliding your arm around his shoulders and leading him to the stairs. "C'mon, let's get you cleaned up. You're in need of a good night's sleep and some relaxation."

"Love you too," he mumbled, and you pressed a quick kiss to his cheek before shoving him into the bathroom.

"Clean yourself up, lover boy," you told him, but he whined and grabbed your hand. Wow. I didn't know he could get this clingy.

"Don't leave me Y/N," he whined. "I miss you."

"I'm literally right h-"

"Pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee love?"

You stared at him for a moment, and then, with a sigh, stepped into the bathroom and grabbed a towel. "I hate you," you mumbled, and he leaned closer.

"What was that?"

"You know exactly what it was, stupid," you told him somewhat harshly. "Just keep your mouth shut so I can clean you up since you refuse to yourself."

He clamped his jaw shut, feeling his heart drop at the tone of your voice, but your hands were gentle as you dabbed the towel at his face, and your smile was kind as you pressed a gentle kiss to the tip of his nose.

"Love you," you murmured, taking his hand and tossing the towel on the counter. "Even though you're an absolute idiot sometimes."

"Love you too," he replied, apparently completely missing the second part. Or maybe he was just that drunk and out of it.

Probably the latter.

He was clearly tired now, you realized as he pulled his jacket off and threw it to the side before clambering into bed in his clothes. He left enough room for you to sit on the side of the bed, but when you did so, he just whined and tugged at the covers.

"Wow. You want cuddles."

"Sweetheart-"

"God that sounds so weird," you muttered to yourself as you slipped under the blankets with him. He buried his face in your shoulder and you couldn't help but smile. "You've never used pet names before."

"Maybe I should start," he mumbled, his voice muffled by your shoulder. You felt a smile creep across your face at the very thought, and shifted onto your side and let him cuddle down against your shoulder.

"Night love," you whispered, but he was already asleep.

***************************************

When Five woke up, he had a pounding headache and stiff, sore muscles. His jacket was lying on the floor, and his head was nestled in the crook of your neck. Your fingers were curled protectively around his.

He wanted to get up, to run, but he didn't, not right then anyway.

He would never admit it, but he loved cuddling with you.