46.

SO CLOSE. 6 MORE. 5 DAYS. AHHHHH

Chapter 45 - Picnic? Fear Not, For Aphrodite Hath Left!

Somehow, it seemed like Piper was the one who planned everything.

Leo told her it's because she had the nicest house. For some reason, she wasn't exactly sure that was the case. Mostly, the rest of them were just lazy.

"What if it's so awkward?" Piper asked nervously to Jason, who was packing a basket, "I mean, we've never really talked about normal stuff. Most of our conversations have to do with theories and problems."

Calypso had proposed that they all meet up for a picnic, something to relax about. So Piper had dragged Jason over again to help her pack food to take to the park. She could've asked Annabeth, but the blonde-haired girl had threatened Piper with death if she interrupted her book again.

"I'm sure it won't be awkward," Jason assured her, "Besides, we were able to talk normally on Christmas."

"Yeah, we were, until we made Percy mad," Piper argued, "I just don't want us to split up... I have the feeling that we'll be friends for a long time."

"That's nice, I hope your feelings are right," Jason said, "I've never felt more lighthearted in months since we started hanging out together."

"Me too," Piper admitted, "Which is why this picnic needs to be perfect."

Jason laughed, "It doesn't need to be perfect Pipes, but it will be as long as you are there."

"Aww," Piper said, touched, "That's sweet. Cringy, but sweet."

Jason blushed, which made Piper laugh hard. They finished packing and notified Annabeth they were leaving. Once they got to the park, they discovered that Percy, Hazel, and Frank were already there.

"Where are the other lovebirds?" Piper asked once they arrived.

Percy shrugged, "Leo texted the group chat a while ago, they'll be here in a bit."

"Maybe if they stop staring each other in the eyes, they'll get here on time," Jason said, and Annabeth snorted.

"Says you."

Hazel was talking with Percy, Jason and Annabeth separately, and Piper was starting to get bored. She saw Frank off to the side, looking bored too and decided "why not?".

"Hi," she said, walking up to his side.

"Oh hello," Frank said, "What's up?"

"Nothing much," Piper responded.

An awkward silence ensued, and Piper coughed to make some noise. Her phone pinged and she saw a message from her mother.

>:( Mom: Piper, I won't be home for a couple weeks. I'm meeting someone who has a better offer than the other. Hope you are okay with that.

Oh I'm totally okay with that mom, Piper scowled at the phone.

"I'm guessing that's your mom?" Frank asked, then he looked like he regretted saying anything, "I wasn't looking at your texts or anything, but you're making a face."

"Oh I am?" Piper said, not even having realized it.

"Mhm," he confirmed nodding, "Don't worry, I get you."

"You do?"

"Yep," Frank said, staring ahead, "That's something we all seem to have in common, you know."

"A shit parent," Piper finished, and Frank snorted, laughing.

"I wouldn't say it like that," he said, grinning, "But yeah, pretty much."