1. Changes

Kieth POV;

Ever since I was a child I knew I was well..... different. I just couldn't seem to fit in, I would make strange sounds that resembled the ones cats or kittens made. So of course since I was human I was bullied, and hit by some of my foster parents until I stopped when I was 7.

I rake my hand through my raven colored hair and sigh, I just woke up from another nightmare. My hair is soaked from my sweat and my muscles are still tense from the pain filled dream. Well...... it was more of a memory than a dream. I just do what I do every morning get up and make my way to the bathroom for a shower.

Today was an extra early morning, it's probably only 2 or 3 am. For anyone else this may be tiring or annoying to wake up at this time but for me this is normal. I've had nightmares since I was about 7 and haven't slept a whole night sense. After a short warm shower to rid me of my sweat and calm my tense muscles I make my way to the training deck. I do simple stretch's to get my muscles more familiar with the movement so I don't end up soar or pulling anything.

After hours of endless training and barley making it to breakfast we arrive at where the Blade of Momras (BOM) main Hq is supposed to be.

"Is that a black hole?" Hunk asks

"No, no, no, no, no. It's two black holes and a giant blue star."Coran states.

"That's not better." Hunk retorts fear evident in his voice.

"No kidding. Just inside a black hole, the temperature is one millionth of a degree above absolute zero. But, just outside of that, it's hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius." Pidge states in their usual intellectual way.

"Okay, it's like when you try to nuke a frozen burrito in the microwave, and it comes out all scorching hot on the outside, but it's still frozen in the middle, right?" Hunk asks letting his mind wander to food.

"Now I'm hungry for lunch!" Lance says in an annoyed tone.

"Guys, quiet! Coran, where's the base located?" I ask irritated from how off track they are.

"In between those three deadly celestial objects." Coran answers cheerfully.

"The perfect defensive position." Pidge states

"Or the perfect trap."Allura says.

"Yeah, I'm with Allura. Maybe we shouldn't, like, go in there at all?" Hunk asks.

"What are you talking about? We have to go in! This is the whole reason we came out here! There is no other option!" I state as we've traveled across the Galaxy just to get here, and we need more ally's.

"Okay. Jeez. Calm down." Lance says. Just then the computer beeps signaling an incoming transmission.

"Identify yourself." A strangers voice demands, his voice ringing through the castle.

"Open a hailing frequency, Coran." Shiro orders and Coran complys pushing buttons and the console beeps. "We are the Paladins of Voltron, sent here by Ulaz." Shiro states.

Then nothing the other line is silent and so are we. "Two may enter. Come unarmed." A BOM member states and closes the frequently.

"Why would they insist we come unarmed? Shiro, this doesn't feel right." Allura states.

"We've come too far to turn back now." Shiro says.

"They just sent us a route to the base, but we'll have to move quickly. Because of the solar flares, it's only open for another varga." Coran says as the Castle screen highlights the path, then shows a blinking icon on top of it. "Then, it will be closed for two quintants." Coran informs us.