Chapter 3

Stay the Night

We made our way through the garden. There were people everywhere. Some were bouncing on the dance floor that had been settled in the middle of the yard. Green, red and blue lights were shining on the floor. Through the enormous speakers, placed everywhere in the garden, loud music was playing. A little table had been installed in the right corner where every kind of beverages stood. I recognized beer, coke, other sodas and of course the main attraction alcohol. Next to the bottles were placed the typical red cups. On the other side of the garden was a pool house. A little further away from where I was standing, were some teenagers sitting on the grass playing spin the bottle.

‘So what do you think? I personally think it’s going to be an unforgettable night! Dance with me! Please let’s have some fun.’ Kyle begged me. I was a bit skeptical. I wasn’t that good of a dancer. But since I was already here, I should take the opportunity… I took Kyle’s hand that he was offering me and we made our way through the crowd of teens. We started dancing. Kyle was a great dancer so he was very comfortable but I surely wasn’t. We danced for a while and after the fifth dance I didn’t care anymore. I let myself go with the flow.

After another ten minutes I was already out of breath. I wasn’t the sporty kind of girl that could dance for one hour without a break. 

‘I’m going to get a drink. Do you want anything?’ I yelled over the music, hoping Kyle could hear me. He shook his head. I turned around looking for the drinks. This garden was huge. And it didn’t help with a crowd of teens everywhere dancing to the music.

When I had almost reached the drink stand, I turned around. I spotted Kyle’s head. He was so tall that I could see his hair. He was dancing with someone. I moved a little to the left to get a better view. I could only see her back but she was quite beautiful. The girl had blond shoulder length hair. She was wearing some light green skinny jeans with a pale rose blouse. Seeing them dancing together gave me a strange feeling so I just turned around. I reached the table and took a coke out. Since Kyle was busy now, I turned around to see what I could do now. I decided to make a tour around the garden. I made a step and ran into someone. I fell and landed on my butt. I opened my eyes and then I saw him. There was a tall guy reaching his hand out to me. He was drop dead gorgeous! I took his hand and as I was standing on my feet again, I took a look at myself. I had spilled my white top with my half-full coke. I am one lucky girl!

‘I’m so sorry! It’s my fault. I’m so sorry for your top. I don’t know how that happened.’ The guy apologized.

‘No… No problem.’ I managed to say. ‘Get a hold of yourself Samantha! I can talk to a handsome guy! Just be confident.’ I thought to myself.

‘What…? I mean, it’s no problem. It was my fault anyways. I will keep myself away from you if that’s what you want. And don’t worry about the top’ I chuckled. What a bad intend of flirting!

‘Huh? No, I don’t want you away from me, I want you pretty close to me actually.’ He mumbled the last part, eying me from head to toe.  ‘Well anyways, I’m Jacob Carter, but call me Jake. Welcome to my party. And what’s your name princess?’ he grinned. He couldn’t be Jake Carter, could he? He was Kyle’s “good friend”. Well, Kyle forgot to mention that Jake was hot! And this was his house or more like mansion? Oh god!

‘Ah, I’m Samantha… Sam. I mean I’m Sam. I’m Kyle’s friend. I’m sorry for showing up like this’ I stuttered.

‘Oh, I see who you are. Kyle told me a lot about you. But he never told me how cute you were though, because if he had I would have insisted in meeting you. He told me you would come with him. Pleasure to meet you Samantha, I mean Sam.’ He smiled. ‘And don’t worry. Have you seen how many people are here? I don’t even know half of them. So one more or one less doesn’t make a difference. But seriously I’m glad you came.’ He had the most beautiful and sexy smile I had ever seen. Ok besides Theo James’s.