Chapter 2

School’s finally out!

“School sucks! God thanks we have summer holidays now!”

I laughed. We both had an exhausting year. I was a Junior, which means I still had the most important year ahead of me; Senior Year. The teachers kept reminding us that we would graduate next year and that we were going to need good grades to get into a good college. And yeah, school really sucks when you’re only average, but what could I do?

Kyle’s year surely wasn’t easier as mine. He’d just finished his first year at college. Kyle complained all the time about his Profs. They were really strict, snob and they always expected the best grades from their students.

“Yes, I am so glad we are trough this year.” I sighed.

“And to celebrate our successful years and the beginning of our holidays, we should go out!”
I gave him a sceptical look. I wasn’t the girl who went to parties, drank, smoked or, God bewares, had sex.

“Oh, come on Samy! Only this once!” K pouted. I sighed again.

“Okay, where does this so-called party take place?”                 

He gave me a bright smile, “Do you know that I honestly love you and that you are the best?”

“Of course I know. I am the greatest best friend in the whole world!” I gave him an arrogant smile.

“Okay, so tonight there’s a party at Jake’s house, he also finished his first year at college and he is a friend of mine. He invited me and some others from college, but also some from Junior and Senior Year. Do you remember Jacob Carter?”

I was quiet for a moment before I rrealized from where I knew the name.

“He wasn’t by chance THE BAD BOY from our high school, right?” I asked.

“Uuumhh yes…” Kyle hesitated for a moment,

”But you know he isn’t that kind of a bad boy who beats up every one, most of the time anyway, and if you don’t come in his way, he is really cool. And you know he really is a good friend. So is it okay if I pick you up at 8 o’clock?”

I gave him one last sceptical look, but agreed. You didn’t get to finish your Junior year (or your first year at college) every day and I wanted to do him the pleasure and go with him to Jacob Carter’s party. To be honest ,I would pretty much do anything for my best friend.

*********

After Kyle had dropped me off at home, I quickly said hello to mom and told her about the party. Of course she let me go, because, I quote, “I trust you darling. And I know you won’t do any stupid 0things” and besides she liked Kyle and she knew that he would look after me.

After that short conversation I immediately made my way up to my room. As I already mentioned I wasn’t the kind of girl who went to parties, so I didn’t own any good “party outfits”. And seeing the party was already in 4 hours and because I didn’t have a car, I couldn’t drive to town and buy a new outfit. So I needed to improvise. I took a look close through all my clothes. I really didn’t have anything appropriate for a party. Surely I could have asked Nicole to borrow me some clothes, but before that happened I would go completely naked to that party.

After a lot of thinking, over thinking and lots of trying on, I finally found an outfit, which should work for the party.

I was wearing some skinny dark blue jeans with a white top, on which you could read “LOVE PINK” (of course written in pink). I decided to wear my white converse and as highlight the black leather jacket I owned but didn’t wear often. To finish my look I curled my hair a bit and put on some eyeliner and mascara and a touch of lip-gloss. I was ready for the party. I looked decent but not too casual for an “End-Of-School-Year-Party”.