Part 12

Not Edited

Ashley

The bathroom door opening wakes me. Jackson comes out toweling his hair dry. He's wearing only a pair of low cut black sweatpants. His toned stomach is on display and I gulp. My eyes roam his body. A heat fills the spot in between my legs. A voice in the back of my head hums in satisfaction. My staring is interrupted by a throat clearing. Heat fills my cheeks as my eyes meet his. "Enjoying the view?" he smirks. "I-wh-I," My brain fails to form words so I'm left stuttering, utterly embarrassing myself in front of the god-like man in front of me. He takes a step closer as his smirk grows. "Don't worry Kitten, this is all yours" I blush an unbelievable shade of red. Jackson lets out a deep chuckle before walking up and kissing me. I deepen the kiss slightly as a burst of confidence shoots through my body. When we part my lips feel swollen.

"Kitten, I owe you an explanation" My eyes narrow as I remember our argument. I cross my arms and look at him expectantly. "Yes. I think you do." I scootch over and he sits next to me on the bed. "Okay, well I am what they call a Werewolf" he pauses as my eyes widen. I don't say anything so he continues "Werewolves are half human half wolf. It's said that Selene, the moon Goddess, wanted a creature to protect the night. Both a wolf and a human stepped up. She knew that the wolf had the right skills, but not the smarts. She also knew that the human had the smarts to do the job, but not the skills. So she decided to fuse the two together. The result was a half-wolf half-human. The creature had incredible strength, speed, sight, and smell. They called it a werewolf.

"Werewolves live in packs with specific but important rankings. There's Alpha-me. The Alpha is the pack leader. I'm in charge of finances, managing land, and any other pack related business.

"Then there's the Second in command or Beta-Kyle. Kyle is responsible for stepping in when I'm away or occupied. He's in charge of meeting with pack members to see what needs to be improved. Then there is the  Third in command or Gamma-Hunter. The Gamma is in charge of pack warriors. He trains the pack members and sets up patrols.

"Then there's the Luna. The Luna is the only person that has equal power to the alpha, in a pack. The Luna is the alpha's Mate." I cut him off before he can speak again.

"What's a mate?" he smiles before grabbing my hand. Tingles shoot up my arm, filling me with warmth. "Mate is short for Soulmate. Soulmates are picked by the moon goddess Selene. Two people that have a bond so strong it's  unbreakable even by death." My gaze settles on the far wall as thoughts swirl in my mind.

"How do you know if someones your mate?" I ask quietly. "Well, your wolf knows immediately. The first indicator is the smell. Everyone already has a smell unique to them, but the bond strengthens it. It makes it pungent. But in a good way. The second indicator is sight. When mates first see each other, it's like everyone else fades away. Then there is touch. When mates touch each other they feel-" I cut him off. "Sparks" My eyes meet his as he smiles. "Jackson, We're mates aren't we?" he gives a slight nod. "Tell me more about mates."

*

*

*

After Jackson finishes explaining the basics of the werewolf world I begin to understand why I feel the way I do about him. I understand that despite everything, I trust him with all I am. My mind is whirling with all the new information he's given me. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a hand gently nudging my shoulder. "I know it's a lot to take in but there is more you need to know." The bedroom door opens as he says this and Daniel walks in. "Remember how I told you about the first werewolf?" I nod and wait for him to continue.