Breakfast With A Businessman

Sunlight streams through the large windows of your room, a few of the beams shining on your face. You turn away from the sunlight, not wanting to get out of bed. You've just become comfortable again when you hear a knock at the door. You hear The Onceler's voice.

"Jessie? Are you awake?" He pauses, listening for a response. You grumble quietly as you roll out of bed. You yawn and walk towards the door. You rub the sleep from your eyes as you turn the knob and pull it open.

"O-Oh um... Good morning Jessica..." You notice the tone of his voice changed when he spoke. You look up and see that he's blushing and looking away from you.

"Is something wrong Sir?" You ask confused.

"Y-You... Your clothes..." He stutters as he covers his eyes with his hands. You blink and look down at your body. You slowly realize that you're not wearing your pajama bottoms, and that you're currently standing in front of your boss with no pants on. You quickly turn around and close the door, your face now a deep shade of crimson.

"I-I'm s-so sorry Sir!" You stutter as you scramble back to the bed and search for you pajama bottoms. You spot them on the floor and pull them on before heading back to the door and opening it again. The Onceler is standing there with his back turned to you. "Sir? Are you alright?" You tap him on the shoulder but he doesn't turn around.

"I... I'm fine Jessie. I assume you found the note I left you?" He sighs and turns towards you with a small smile on his face and slight tinge of pink in his cheeks.

"Oh! Yes I did. I appreciate you moving me to the bed and I... I'm sorry you had to see me like that... again." You look down at the floor as you speak.

"It's okay Jessie." He tilts your chin up to meet his eyes. They're as blue as the sky used to be. "I just want you to be happy here." He smiles at you and you feel heat rising in your cheeks. You pull away from him and take a step back, he looks slightly hurt by your action.

"Thank you for understanding Sir. You're right... that issue is... difficult... for me to discuss with others..." You pause. "It's difficult for me to even think about really..."

"Well, when you feel comfortable, I'd like to know about it so that I can know how to help you with it. I want you to be at your best, and it seems that whatever is on your mind is distracting you-"

"W-What? No Sir it's not distracting me from my work. It's just that certain words or phrases bring back... they trigger old... Ah it's hard for me to explain..." You stumble over your words and pause to think. Suddenly, The Onceler brushes past you and walks to your kitchen.

"Have you eaten yet Jessica?" He opens the fridge and pulls out the pancakes he left the night before.

"No Sir I have not. Why do you ask?" You follow him curiously.

"Because you can't work on an empty stomach. Let me warm up these pancakes for you while you go get dressed. You have a long day ahead of you." He smiles at you and motions towards the bathroom. You nod and walk over to the boxes stacked against the wall. You find the one labeled "Clothes" and dig through it until you find a suitable outfit. You walk to the bathroom and close the door behind you. You sigh and lean back against the door. You can hear The Onceler humming to himself as he warms up your breakfast. You shake your head and get dressed, then exit the bathroom once you are ready.

"Perfect timing Jessie, I was just about to come get you. Your pancakes are ready." He sets the plate of pancakes onto the dining table with a flourish. You smile in spite of yourself.

"Thank you for your hospitality Sir." He pulls one of the chairs out for you and motions for you to sit. "I never would've expected this from my boss." You pick up the fork lying on the table to take a bite of the pancakes. Your eyes light up as the fluffy treat melts in your mouth. "Holy shit that's so good!" You take another bite before the realization hits you. You pause and cover your mouth as you speak. "I-I'm sorry Sir, I shouldn't have cursed in front of you-"

"It's quite alright Jessie. The way you speak and the way you act are not an issue." He sits down in the chair across from you with his own plate of pancakes. You raise an eyebrow questioningly and set down your fork.

"Sir, may I ask why you're being so nice to me?" He freezes just as he was about to take a bite of his food. He pauses for a moment before setting his fork down and looking up at you.

"Am I not supposed to be?" He asks confused.

"N-No you are, it's just... this all seems like a bit much for someone you just hired yesterday. Let alone someone that has done nothing but cry and sleep since they got hired..." You look down at the table as you speak. The Onceler stands up from the table and walks over to you before gently hugging you from behind. Your eyes widen slightly and your cheeks begin to turn a rosy shade of pink.

"I am being nice to you Jessica because I believe in being a gentleman above all else." A small smile forms on your face but disappears when he releases you. "But if you'd prefer... I could start acting coldly towards you." He looks away from you, but you can tell he is slightly disappointed by saying that. You stand up from the table and place your hand on his shoulder. He turns to you with slight surprise on his face.

"I was only making sure you weren't giving me special treatment just because I am a woman. I was not saying you should treat me any less than as a gentleman should." You smile at him and his face brightens.

"Okay, thank you for clarifying that with me. Now, why don't we finish our breakfast and get to work hm?" He guides you back to the table and you both sit down and finish eating.

**Sorry for the short chapter, I've had a bit of writer's block lately but I still have a clear idea of where I want the story to go so it's all good.
-Derpqueen135