Chapter 11

[The scene opens on a shot of the Isle, thunder rumbling in the distance. As the scene cut to the interior of the Isle, the five VKs rode their bikes through the alleyways they once ran before parking them, startling one of the VKs sitting on the edge of a railing with the screeching of the bike tires. As Mal took off her helmet, we can see that the spell has worn off and she's no longer a hag.]

"Woo! Mal's Mal again!" Emir cheered.

"But I thought only the ember could reverse the curse of the scepter," Emma asked, biting her lip. "What if this is only temporary and Mal turns back when she leaves the Isle?"

"Okay we're putting a ban on that kind of thinking."

"But—"

"Banned!"

Emma chuckled before kissing his cheek. "Fine. I won't verbally express those kinds of thoughts."

"Good," Emir smiled.

"I'll just think them."

"Emma!"

"Hey! I'm me again," Mal said as she realized that she was no longer under Audrey's spell.

"Evil magic doesn't work on the Isle, remember?" Uma told her, amusement coloring her voice as she smirked at Mal. Mal, in turn, gave her cousin a good natured eye roll.

"So how does one define 'evil' magic? Since one could argue evil magic could be done with good intentions, wouldn't that then make it good magic?" Jane asked. "If, in the previous viewing, you had actually gotten my mother's wand instead of the copy Carlos and Jay created, would you have been able to take down the barrier because it would have released kids from a horrible situation?"

"That...is a very good question Jane," Fairy Godmother said, nodding her head in thought. "I would imagine since my wand was one of the instruments that helped to create the barrier, Uma would have been able to use it inside or outside the barrier."

"Plus she's a descendant of the Gods," Elle pointed out. "Granddaughter of Poseidon and all that."

"Wasn't the barrier strengthened by Lord Zeus though?" Neal asked. "Otherwise you'd think Lord Hades and Lady Persephone could easily escape. Not to mention Maleficent."

"Fairy Godmother's wand being used by a descendant of the Gods might have countered that," Flora explained.

"Duh. Evil magic doesn't work here," Celia told her as the boys walked up. "Kind of the point."

Uma looked over at her half sister and smiled slightly. I've taught you well. That was the perfect amount of sass.

"Welcome back." Evie told Mal, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Thanks E," Mal grinned. "It's good to be back. Or at least it will be good to be back."

"Talking about the future is confusing," Hadie nodded.

"Thank you," Mal said with a chuckle as they walked off, Jay and Carlos following behind and Celia leading.

"Um...is he okay?" Lil' Shang asked, pointing to Jay. The son of Jafar was currently whacking himself over the head with a pillow.

"Jay?" Mal asked. "Where did you even get a pillow?"

"We didn't hide the bikes," Jay muttered, ignoring Mal's question. "How long did we live on the Isle and the second time we go back, we don't hide the bikes? I mean, for Zeus' sake, we hid the limo in the last viewing! Bikes are easier to hide than a Gods' damn limo!"