Chapter 14

[The scene opened on Jay and Carlos playing an Isle version of foosball

"Oh good, the bikes are safe," Dizzy grinned.

as Mal and Celia walked in, making their way down the ramp. Evie walked up to Mal, Celia running along ahead.]

"M. Did you see your dad?" Evie asked, keeping her voice low to avoid being overheard.

"Okay but why the secrecy? Dad did say you were his daughter when he stopped Maleficent at Ben's coronation," Hadie pointed out.

"Wagering a guess? Facilier's not an enemy but he's not exactly an ally either," Mal said flatly.

"I don't want to talk about that," Mal told her as Carlos made his way to the two girls.

"There was a musical number and he pulled a tambourine out of thin air!" Harriet quipped, causing Sammy and her brothers to chuckle. Even Mal couldn't help the small smile that pulled at her lips.

"You get the ember?" The son of Cruella asked.

"I think Mal would be a lot more upset if she didn't," Hyllus stated.

Mal held up the ember. "Any chance that our bikes are parked in a locked garage?"

"Locked? On the Isle? That's cute," Uma chuckled. "Like whoever wanted to wouldn't just pick the lock?"

"Uh yeah not so much," Carlos said, giving a look to Jay who gave a pained look at the fact that Harry and Gil eluded their grasp.

Harry chuckled and shook his head. "I'm guessing that's just payback for what you did with my hook in the last viewing."

"All's fair in sparring Harry. You know that," Jay told him.

"The only way back to Auradon is the bridge," Mal said, looking at Evie.

"Well, glad I wore my comfortable heels," the blue haired girl replied as Mal chuckled and Evie went to leave.

"Even the most comfortable heels would still hurt after walking to Auradon from the Isle," Lonnie stated.

"Hell, even tennis shoes would start to hurt walking that much," Ava pointed out.

Jay grabbed her arm, gently pulling her back to the group. "Yeah, we still need the remote to open the barrier."

"I would have thought that you'd have grabbed that," Emir said. "After all, having that just lying around on the Isle could be dangerous."

Celia looked over at them from her spot next to her father, having heard Jay's statement.

"Great," Evie said, putting her hands on her hips.

"I lifted it off from you," Celia said as she walked up to them, holding up the remote that opened the barrier. Jay turned to look at her, as did Evie and Mal.

"Ooh, I like her," Emir smirked. "Tell me, young Facilier, are you at all interested in learning to pick locks?"

"Gods help us all," Ashaki muttered as Celia perked up, a gleam in her eyes.

"It's for his safety Jasmine. He won't get into trouble with it Jasmine. I taught Aziz the same thing Jasmine," Jasmine said, giving Aladdin a look.

"Would you rather our son not know how to get out of a locked room if something happened to him?"

"I thought it might be useful and it is."