Unmasked

"Get away from me," screamed the girl. I watched as she tried to run, tripping over her own feet. She hit the ground hard, but even that didn't stop her as she tried to scramble away from me.

"Silvia, stop, please; I am not going to hurt you." She stopped trying to move away from me and stared at me with big eyes.

"How do you know my name," she screamed. I was glad she had stopped moving, but the look she was giving me was far worst than when she was trying to get away from me.

I let out a breath. I knew this was going to be wrong, but I had to do this. My hands shook as I reached up and grabbed the mask. I took in a deep breath and pulled the mask off, letting my blond hair fall into my eyes.

"Ryan?" Her voice shook when she said my name. I knew this would be the part when she ran away, but to my surprise, she didn't move.

"See," I said, taking a step towards her, I would never hurt you." She reached out and took my hand. I was happy she didn't run away, but I waited for the anger that was bound to come.

"So this is where the bruises and cuts come from," she said, pushing the hair out of my eyes.

Her green eyes met my blue ones, and I knew at that moment I could trust her. I could also see she wasn't mad, maybe a little disappointed, but not mad.

"I know I should have told you sooner, Silvia, but I was afraid you would leave me." She just shook her head at me. A smile graced her beautiful lips.

"I could never be mad at you," she said, resting her hand on my cheek.

I leaned into the warmth. If there were any moment I would want to live in, it would be this one. The woman I loved had found out that I was the town's vigilante, and she still was willing to stay with me.

"Thank you," I whispered, pulling her in closer to me.

She smiled up at me. I leaned down, letting my lips brush her's gently. Maybe it wasn't so bad to let people know who you are.