Forgotten Faces, Remembered?

"You did a fantastic job out there Charlie. Your team is getting better every day." I smile at Ozpin's compliment. "However, I didn't call you in here to praise you." I start to get nervous but keep my mind clear. "It's my understanding that you stayed out past curfew." He pauses, standing up and looking out the window at the ground. "You're an intelligent young woman and I know that you and your friends wanted to have a good time; however, staying out past curfew was unnecessary." He sips his coffee. "I understand sir, it won't happen again. I promise." He just sips his coffee and then turns back to me. "Very well, you may go now. I have other business to attend to." I nod and leave his office. As I go out into the courtyard, I see some people with their scrolls out, filming two people fighting. Ozpin's not going to like this. I go over and stand in the crowd, seeing a couple of robots that were destroyed. The guy suddenly puts his scythe on his back and the girl looks confused. He motions for her to come at him and she gets angry, dashing towards him.

Before her sword can pierce him, the general yells her name and she stops. "That's actually not true, she attacked first." The general looks from the man, to the girl and then around at the crowd. "Is that right?" He asks calmly, making the girl think for a moment. She then lowers her head, knowing the man that she attacked is right. "And you," the man looks at the general and then points to himself, "what are you doing here?" He goes closer to the man. "I could be asking you the same thing." He states, making the general shocked and at a loss for words. Ozpin and Glynda come to the courtyard, breaking up the crowd. I go over to Weiss and Ruby as the general leaves with that girl. "Uncle Qrow!" She runs to him and jumps on his arm. He lifts his arm, looking at her. "Hi. It's so good to see you! Did you miss me? Did you miss me?!" He smirks, "nope." He ruffles her hair like I do sometimes and then Ozpin calls him over, making him drop Ruby. He leans down to Ruby, "I think I'm in trouble." She shrugs, "you did kinda tear up our courtyard." He chuckles and winks at her, then he fist bumps her, "yeah, I did. Catch you later kid."

*Time Skip* "You'll never beat me old man!" He chuckles, "you're nothing but talk kid." Yang smiles, getting excited. "You can do it Ruby!" He beats her with a total knock out. "And by the way, don't ever call me old." Yang pushes her sister out of the way and takes the control, playing against their uncle as he tells them a story. "Right, right. I come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right." Ruby cuts in, anxious as to how his story will end. "What were you doing there?" He continues, answering her question. "I needed information. Tired of fighting Grim along the way, I decided to start my search at the towns Inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes, thugs, and even a few huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less than reputable people for less than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened." Yang cuts in, actually curious now. "What happened?" He continues, trying not to smile. "I was defeated. By the mere sight, of the Innkeepers skirt length." Yang throws a pillow at him but he catches it. I roll my eyes with a smile on my face as he and Ruby laugh.

"I'm too old to be hanging around a bunch of kids, you're going to cramp my style." He jokes as he walks to the door. "I should probably get going too, I'll watch you and Weiss fight in the tournament though." I give Yang her comic book back and walk out with their uncle. He pulls out his flask, drinking from it. "You're a good friend to them." I hum in response, biting my thumbnail. He puts his flask away and sighs. "I know they've got their teammates but you always have their back. Ruby's told me about some of the stuff you've done." He pauses, thinking for a moment. "Like saving her from that Torchwick guy." I freeze and stop walking. He stops too and turns to look at me. "I-I didn't do anything special. Yang would've done the same thing." He thinks for a moment, putting his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, but she would've gotten killed saving her sister. You knew what you were doing." I bite my lip, thinking. His eyebrows furrow and his eyes glaze over for a minute, as if he's remembering something. "W-Well, it's no big deal." He blinks out of his daze and we continue walking. I stop in front of my dorm room but he grabs my wrist. "It is a big deal." He pauses, looking into my eyes. "You have a spark in you."