02. GARAGE BAND

゚゚・.。.:*☆
▎ 𝑷 𝑨 𝑵 𝑫 𝑶 𝑹 𝑨 ▐
T W O ━━ GARAGE BAND.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔* 🎸🎤 ♫

hiding in your garage is a band of dreams, life and death

of dreams, life and death.
☾ ⋆*・:⋆*・:✧*⋆.*:・✧.: ⋆*・: .⋆ ☾

PANDORA MERCER was grounded. It was nothing new in her house, but it was certainly frustrating. After her stunts the previous night of blasting music, she had spent the entire next day locked in her room, looking at her ceiling and imagining her fingers strumming against the chords of her guitar. From noon to afternoon, Pandora spent all her time writing down lyrics and singing at the top of her lungs. 'They may have taken my instruments but they can't take my voice" she would tell herself every time and then sing a bit louder.

Her heart was aching for her guitar or her bass, or even the drum set her parents had locked in the attic (she assumed the drums used to be her brother's). She felt like she was going insane. Her lyrics and her voice were her only solace, like it always was.

Punishments in the Mercer household were the worst, she decided. Being grounded meant no instruments, no phone, no device that could broadcast music and certainly no going out of your room. In fact, Pandora was so frustrated with her parents that at times she'd thought of jumping out the window of her room—after all, the distance between the window and the ground wasn't too big.

But alas, she didn't and slowly, painfully slow, Thursday came to an end. Pandora was sure that that day had been the most utterly uneventful one of her life. The only positive outcome of her punishment was that she had ended up producing three new songs in that day alone. Impressive, if she said so herself. But no matter how thrilling it was to write this many songs, Pandora couldn't help but feel down.

She longed for her friends; Julie and Flynn. She longed to know what happened at school, if Julie got back in the music program. But most importantly, she wanted to see why Julie had asked her about that Sunset Curve band the night before.

At the thought, Pandora sprung up from her messy position on her bed. She furrowed her eyebrows and allowed herself to think for a second. Her eyes focused on the sole picture she had of her brother which was plastered on her wall next to some skateboard decks—the only one her parents had let her keep (well, they had let her keep it only because they didn't know about it). Pandora had found it in the attic the day her parents told her the truth about her brother, Alex.

Alex had apparently died while eating some tainted hot dogs which was odd and very unfair in Pandora's opinion. She hadn't gotten to meet her older brother just because some dumbass had fed him bad hot dogs. Pity too, because apparently Alex used to be a great musician. Pandora wished she could have heard him play at least once but again, no such luck.