"Why do I get the feeling I'll like surprise three more than one and two," he laughed.

"I hope you like the whole day!" I said sternly as I pulled the car to a stop.

The sun was just starting to light the sky over the horizon, which meant we were right on time. A small group of people stood in front of us and just beyond them was our ride for the morning.

I watched as Joey slowly registered what was going on. "We're going hot air ballooning?"

"Yup! Just us, the driver of course and a champagne breakfast as we watch the sunrise. Harper told me about when you were kids and you would sit on the balcony early in the morning and watch the hot air balloons float over your property. She said it was something you always wanted to do while she was too scared," I smiled proudly.

"I remember that," he said in approval, still stunned at what I had pulled together.

We jumped out of the car, locking it up and making our way to the group of people waiting. An older gentleman held out his hand as we approached.

"You must be Morgan?"

"That's me, and this is my boyfriend Joey, the birthday boy," I introduced.

"Happy Birthday son. My name is Mike and I'll be your driver on board. Shall we get going? It's best to be up before the sun for the best views."

It took no time at all for us to get into the basket and with the help of the rest of the team on the ground we were soon up in the air. I was immediately glad I insisted on our heavy jackets because it was freezing the higher we went.

As the sun rose we watched the pinks, oranges and purples snake across the sky. We enjoyed mimosa's, fresh fruit and cream cheese bagels. Mike pointed out landscapes to us, and gave us a few facts about hot air ballooning and the area, but mostly left us alone to enjoy.

I insisted we get some photos, for both us and because Sophia requested them. Mike helped with that too, he said sometimes he thought he should be a photographer instead of piloting hot air balloons with the amount of photos he takes. As the sky turned to a soft blue our ride was coming to an end. Mike warned us it might be a bumpy landing, but he would try his best.

"So, did I do ok? Worth getting out of bed before sunrise?" I asked as we floated through the sky.

"Definitely worth getting out of bed. It's perfect, you're perfect," he said as he hugged me from behind.

"You're not just saying that?"

"No baby, I mean it. Thank you," he said as he turned my head towards him to kiss me softly.

"Well this is just the beginning. You have to let me drive again though," I grinned at him as he rolled his eyes.

"Enjoy it while you can," he huffed.

The landing wasn't at all as rough as I thought it was going to be. We got out of the basket close to where the car was parked, thanked Mike and his crew for the incredible morning and got back in the car to drive to the next part of our day.

"Can I have a hint?" Joey asked as we turned back onto the smooth road again.

"Mmmm," I tapped my finger against my mouth contemplating if I give him any hint. "You've done this before, but you love it."

"That's hardly a hint, I've done plenty of things before that I enjoy," he complained. "I enjoy doing you, but I'm going to guess that's surprise three," he laughed.

"Have some patience! For someone who has just turned twenty, you sure are acting like a child!" I scolded him and ignored his other comments.

"You like this being in control thing far too much," he mumbled and I laughed some more.