A gift

hi guys :) just a little oneshot here for you. it's in the same AU of an old oneshot earlier in this book, called "Superstar". so you might want to read that one to know the setting of the situation :)

other than that: i wish you all happy and healthy days, and a blessed and hopefully more exciting and healthy 2021 ❤️

aight here we go :) hope you enjoy

****

"are you coming joshua?"

the boy sighed, pushing his face deeper into the pillow and pulling his sheets up over his ears and eyes.

"joshua?!"

"yeah yeah mom", he spoke loud enough his mom would hear, but not loud enough to show any sign of enthusiasm. because there wasn't any.

he didn't actually had any intentions to really get up and downstairs, where his family was gathered already. stupid christmas music was playing, his brother and sisters and parents even singing stupid carols as they opened the door for more family. his grandparents, an uncle and a family friend.

they were all so over-joyous. it was making him feel sick, but mostly it just made him miss tyler more. he didn't want to celebrate stupid christmas if he couldn't even be with his boyfriend.

a soft knock on his door made him sigh again, not moving an inch though. "honey", his mom spoke softly as he felt the bed dip while it creaked. "please just join us? grandma can't wait to see you, it's been so long." he knew she just tried to ease him into it, and he absolutely loved his grandparents, but he just wanted to disappear. go up in smoke and reappear when tyler was back from his stupid tour. which wasn't stupid but it was stupid.

she pulled down the covers. "if you think im going to let you feel sorry for yourself all day and leave you here, you're wrong. i know your sad tyler isn't here, i get that, but now you're just being petty. it's not the end of the world. now get up, freshen up, and get downstairs and have a good time with your family."
josh groaned.
"now."

with a grunt he turned over and sat up. "you're mean", he mumbled. he knew he was being a baby, and he knew he was feeling so sorry for himself but he just couldn't seem to snap himself out of it. all he could think of, all he wanted, all he missed was tyler, tyler, tyler.

"fix your hair, and wear something pretty. we'll see you in a bit", she kissed his forehead and smiled softly. he knew she felt bad for him but she wasn't going to let him get away with it. unfortunately.

so reluctantly he pulled open his closet as his mom walked out his room. he grabbed a dark blue button-up shirt with little white snowflake-like dots on it, and sighed again as he made his way into his bathroom. a quick shower was needed if he wanted to show up a bit decent so he quickly stripped of his clothes and got to it.

- ty i miss you -

he couldn't help but send tyler that text, even though he knew the boy was busy. tyler had told him already that the 24th of december would be filled with interviews, meet-and-greets and a photoshoot.

ty ❤️
baby i miss you too :( i'll try to call you later. have fun with your family okay?

ty❤️
and don't mock around and be sad because i know you probably are all grumpy. cute, but go enjoy your family. i'll be back before you know it. love you ❤️❤️

- meanie -

- but i love you. and call me, even when it's 3am for me or whenever -