XII. Disease

[weaponized]

chapter twelve - "disease"

"What do you mean dead?"

"I mean what I said Angelina. Malia and Derek found most of Satomi's pack last night. They were all dead," Stiles said to his sister. "Listen, I have to go. I'm sure Lori and Brett are fine."

"They would've called by now," She mumbled, walking back to her room.

"What's wrong?" Liam sat up from his spot on the bed.

"I would've thought you were listening," Angelina shrugged.

"I mean I was, but I thought I would be polite and ask."

"It's fine. I'm just scared," She sighed, walking over to the bed.

Liam grabbed her hand and forced her to take a seat beside him. Only so he could give her a hug, she looked like she needed one.

"How about we do something today, get our minds off of it," He suggested.

"Want to call Mason and all hang out at your house? I bet I can beat you guys in any game you choose," Angie winked, jumping off the bed with some new found energy.

"I'm sure you will." He teased.

"I told you I would beat you guys," Angelina cheered.

The two boys looked behind them at Angie who was sitting on Liam's bed. "I think she's cheating," Mason whispered loud enough for her to hear on purpose.

Liam smirked, "Me too."

Angelina opened her mouth wide and stared at the two, throwing a pillow at Mason's head. He swung it back making her fall off the bed.

"Rude," She huffed.

"Your phone's going off," Liam pointed to his bed.

"Oh shoot, thanks."

She got up and grabbed her phone, the caller ID said 'Dad' so she didn't hesitate to pick up. "Hey dad what's up?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm hanging out at Liam's, why is something wrong?"

"No, just stay there until I come pick you up later."

"Dad," She groaned. "I can tell when you lie."

"Sweetheart, there's something going on at the school. CDC is here and I just don't want you near it."

"But, Stiles is there. Is he okay?"

"I don't know, we aren't allowed to have any contact with the inside."

"That's stupid."

"I know, I got to go, stay there."

"Bye, dad." As soon as she hung up the phone, Liam and Mason looked at her.

"Disease at school, dad said I can't go, but when do I ever listen," She summarized and they nodded.

"I'll text you guys later!" With that she ran out the door and towards the school.

"Dad! Dad!" Angelina called out, pushing through the crowd of people.

"Angelina," He shouted, running towards her.

"I know you said not to come her but I have a feeling, like-like they're hurt. It's a pack thing," She said quietly.

"Come here." Noah pulled his youngest into a hug, securing her in his arms.

"Lydia's here. Where?" She asked, looking up.

"Follow me."

Soon enough Lydia was running over to the girl, Angelina could smell her fear. "It's professional killers again isn't it?" She asked looking at her dad and then Lydia. Both nodding. "I-I can't hear them. I mean I should because - because I have that ability but I can't."

"Angel, calm down, everything will be just fine. We will figure this out," Her father said, rubbing her shoulder.

"Angelina!" Someone shouted, catching everyone's attention.

"Stiles," She whispered, running towards the voice.

His face was bloodied, along with his once white shirt. Angelina studied him, scared that he was injured, but it wasn't his blood. It was someone else's and she didn't care how it happened, she was glad her brother, her best friend, her anchor, was alive.

"Stiles!" She cried, running into his arms. "I was so scared."

"Did you go inside? Are you feeling weird?" He asked, searching her for anything off about her.

"No. No, I mean, I couldn't use my hearing earlier but I think that was because of stress," She laughed. "I'm not sick, Stiles. You don't have to worry about that."

"Good, I can't risk losing you."

still a filler chapter because im too lazy to think outside the box on this one to incorporate her with the disease thing

still a filler chapter because im too lazy to think outside the box on this one to incorporate her with the disease thing. :)