Chapter 19 - Gift Shopping

Start from the beginning

"Yes ma'am." We say and head to our respective bedrooms.

What the hell am I supposed to wear? Dressing up all fancy isn't really my strong suit. My mother probably wants to wear a dress but they're so uncomfortable. I guess all fancy clothes are but still.

I finally find a nice enough shirt and a skirt to go to together. I pair it with some flats and put a clip in my hair as an extra accessory.

"I guess this will do." I tell myself while looking in my mirror.

I head out of my room, with my flats in hand, and make my way towards the front door. My mom and dad are already standing there waiting for me.

"Well don't you look just adorable?" My mom gushes and I look away embarrassed.

"S-shut up." I exclaim and we walk to the car.

POV: Toritsuka

"How about this?" I ask Saiki showing him another skirt.

"That's too short you pervert. I don't want to be seen here with you. You're so creepy." Saiki sighs. "What happened to the blanket idea?"

"Oh yeah! Let's go find the blankets!" I smile and Saiki reluctantly follows behind me.

After walking down multiple aisles we find them.

I'm sure Saiki knew exactly where they were but didn't tell me just to be a nuisance.

Saiki doesn't say anything but I know he could hear what I was thinking.

I browse the blankets looking for one that reminds me of y/n. I look through every shelf trying to find something then:

"This is the one Saiki!" I exclaim. Saiki looks at me with no excitement whatsoever. "It's purple!"

"What is up with you wanting to get her purple things?" Saiki asks me. "You really thinking it's cute when she matches with your hair?"

"AND SO WHAT IF I DO SAIKI?" I yell and Saiki gives me a death stare.

"Don't cause a scene." Saiki tells me telepathically. "You're such a pain."

"S-sorry." I hesitate slightly scared of Saiki.

"If that's really what you think she'll like then go ahead." Saiki says disinterested.

"I should get a card too though right?" I ask him. "Girls like when guys write their feelings and shit."

"Why did you have to say it like that?" Saiki asks as he looks at me like I'm a lost cause.

"Don't give me that look!" I whine.

We walk over to the greeting card section and I look through all the cards while simultaneously driving Saiki insane.

POV: Y/N

"Merry Christmas y/n!" My parents scream from outside my bedroom door.

"M-merry Christmas." I respond less enthusiastically as I'm half-awake.

"Get dressed and we'll eat our Christmas breakfast together." My mom says a little too happily and I make my way out of bed.

"Alright." I reply and my parents finally leave me alone.

You know Saiki my mom is intolerable both when she hates my guts and when she tries to get along with me.

I put on festive-colored comfortable clothes and make my way into the kitchen. My mom has bowls of cereal out for everyone.