Chapter 12 - Exciting News and Shocking News

POV: Y/N

I'm actually sleeping in my own bedroom for once. I'm at Toritsuka's so much being at home feels off.

"Y/n!" My mom shouts from downstairs. "Breakfast is ready!"

"Coming mom!" I shout back.

I'm already in my school uniform. All I have to do is eat breakfast, grab my lunch, and head off to school. I rush down the stairs and mom is already seated at the table waiting for me.

"Thank you for the food." We say in unison and dig in.

"This is really good!" I smile as I chew.

"I'm glad. I tried out a new recipe and I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out." She replied.

I finish eating and place my dishes in the sink. I grab my ben-to from the fridge and start leaving the kitchen when-

"Wait y/n!" My mom gets my attention. "I need to tell you something before you leave!"

"What is it?" I ask a little confused.

"Well this weekend your father is going to be free of work so we figured we'd go on a mini vacation." She announces happily. "I was going to keep it a surprise but I figured you would want to invite your boyfriend along with us."

"He can really come?" I question.

"Of course!" She smiles. "The more the merrier!"

"Thanks so much mom." I say ecstatic. "I got to go now. Bye!"

"Bye sweetheart!" She waves as I walk out of the kitchen and out the front door.

I still have a hard time believing she's my mother. I wish I had psychic superpowers. Mind control really works wonders. 

"Hey beautiful." A familiar purple-haired medium greets me.

"Hi Reita." I blush and he reaches out his hand for me to grab hold of.

"It was so hard for me to fall asleep last night. I had no y/n to cuddle and kiss that it just made my room feel so empty. A tear or two escaped my eyes." Toritsuka says dramatically.

"Oh shut up." I nudge his arm with my shoulder and he laughs. "Anyways, I have some news for you."

"News for me?" He looks excited.

"Yep. My family is going on a vacation this weekend and they said you could come with us." I announce. 

"Really? I'd love to come with! I'm sure everyone at the temple would be thrilled to have me gone for a few days." He exclaims a little too excitedly.

"That's kind of depressing." I point out.

"Yeah I guess." He agrees. "But the only person I really care about is you anyway."

He squeezes my hand.

"When did pervy boyfriend turn into a sweet talker?" I tease. 

"What did I say about that perv shit?" He says and drops my hand to use both his hands to grab my face towards his. "Don't you know it's not polite to call someone a pervert?"

Woah.

"I think I'm going to have to teach you a lesson." He informs me.

POV: Toritsuka

She looks so taken off guard. Y/n is so adorable.

I push my lips onto hers and immediately insert my tongue into her mouth and she allows it. After a few seconds I end the kiss and she looks confused.