Why Did You Do It? Ch. 5

Start from the beginning

          Gina put her paw on the robe, and ripped it into two pieces. "NO," Angie cried, "Bad Gina, you devil dog!"

          "Why are you calling my dog the devil?" Someone asked, and Angie jumped. She looked up, and saw Jared leaning against the house, smiling at her.

          "That devil dog stole my robe," Angie hissed, and then self-consciously crossed her arms over her chest.

          "Gina," Jared shouted, and the dog started whimpering, backing away. Jared picked up the tattered robe, and held it out to me.

          "I don't want it now," Angie told him.

          "Okay," He shrugged, and then tossed it back to the dog.

          "Where were you?" Angie asked.

          Jared's green eyes narrowed, and they were cold. "That," He hissed, "Is none of your business."

          "I just didn't hear you come in, that's all," She told him, "No need to get defensive." A slow smile crossed Angie's lips, and she turned out to the ocean.

          Jared walked towards her, and stood behind her. "Why are you here?" He hissed.

          "For your Father's funeral," She whispered, "And to see the Shay family."

          "What if I didn't want to see you?" Jared asked.

          Angie turned around, and looked at him. "You're not the only one here," Angie snapped, "And I don't care what you think. You don't scare me Jared."

          "You sure?" He asked, walking a little closer to her. Angie's eyes widened, but she stood her ground. Finally Jared was hanging over her, looking down at her. He gave her a creepy smile, but Angie didn't back down. "Still scared Gela?" He asked in scary voice, "You were always scared."

          "You don't know me Jared," She sighed, "You don't know how I turned out.  How do you know I'm not able to kick your butt?"

          Jared smiled wider, and then quickly reached for her wrist. Before Angie could react, her wrist was twisted back, and pulled behind her back. She let out a small yelp from shock, and then suddenly she remembered. This was how Jared used to get her to do things when they were younger.

          Angie was stronger now though.

          So she took her heel, and jammed it into Jared's leg. His grip loosened a little, and she twisted it around on him. She now held his wrist behind her back, but that only made him laugh. He lifted his arm up, and Angie struggled to keep it pinned on his back. He wrapped his arm around her neck, and held it tightly. "Say it," He hissed in her ear.

          "No," She growled, and then elbowed him. He doubled over, and Angie took the opportunity to run. He chased after her though, quickly regaining his breath.

          Jared tackled her, and they rolled around in the sand. Angie got the sand in her mouth, and all over her face, and in her clothes. She yelled in surprise, but she knew Jared was only joking. He laughed, and pinned her in the sand. His big hands were pinning down her arms, right on the sides of her breasts. "Say it," He gasped.

          "No," She squealed, and then kicked her feet. Jared looked at them, and pinned them down with his leg. Angie was truly pinned, and there was no way of escaping. "Alright, alright," She laughed, "Jared, you are superior, and always will be. Don't be fooled by my ill temper, and bad personality."

          "And?" He pressed.

          He wanted her to say the last part, really? "And you'll always be my best friend," She murmured, and the smile disappeared from his face. He gave her a slight nod, and then rolled off of her. They lay side by side in the sand. It was silent, and all Angie could hear was Jared's gasping breath and the sound of Gina barking. Jared leaned up, and yelled, "GINA!"

          The dog whimpered, and then suddenly went quiet. Angie had to know, so she decided she would ask him. "Jared," She whispered.

          "Yeah?" He muttered.

          "What happened to Chester?" Angie asked, turning her head to the side to look at Jared. His jaw got tight, and he closed his eyes. "You loved him so much," Angie whispered, "You told him everything. What happened to Chester?"

          Jared got up, and brushed himself off. He stared down at Angie, lying in the sand, in her tank top and shorts. She stared back up at him in his ripped, dirty jeans, and black t-shirt. "Well?" Angie pressed in a small whispered, just laying there, and continuing to stare.

          Jared could have given it to her the easy way, because he knew what could make Angie break and shatter. He knew what would make her cry and what would keep her strong. So Jared gave it to her hard, to remind her that he was stronger, and had been through more then she had. She bit her lip, and watched him. Oh how pretty she was with her hair spread around her, the curls full, and silky. He couldn't fall into her trap though, because he had fallen into traps before, and falling into Angie's would be the worst. "You want to know what happened?" Jared growled, "I shot him."

          Angie stared at him in disbelief. "No Jared," She whispered, "You didn't."

          "I did," Jared snapped, "I took him into those woods, and shot him. With my Dad's rifle." The blood drained from Angie's face, and she couldn't move.  "Don't ever try to get on my good side Angela," Jared hissed, crouching down next to her, "Because no one has, and no one will. I don't trust you, and I don't trust anyone. Get over it, don't touch my dog, and leave once the funeral is over. Got that?"

          Angie just lay there motionless.

          Jared laughed, and shook his shaggy head of hair. He looked at her one more time before retreating back to the house, without even helping her up.