CHAPTER 11: A DASH OF LOVE

Start from the beginning

"You haven't changed!" I roll my eyes playfully.

"You neither!" He waves my precious paper in his hand, and I unsuccessfully try to take it back. "Still doing lists for everything?"

"No, no... not everything," I mutter, finally grabbing the egg carton, mainly to avoid his amused piercing gaze.

"Okay, then tell me one thing that you've done recently that you haven't written down before." I can hear the laugh lacing in his voice as he's probably fighting it to keep his promise.

"Um..." I break the eggs to stall for some time because right now, my mind is blank, or more exactly filled with lists.

"I'm waiting..."

"Um... well, yesterday, when I helped you for the party." I break the last egg before lifting my head with a proud smile, which doesn't last long.

"It doesn't count. I didn't really leave you a choice."

My grin falls down, like my gaze as I desperately search for something because I don't want to give him the satisfaction of being right; his dimple is already mocking me enough.

"Um... This outfit! I chose it this morning without planning it." Well, this may not be exactly true because I've chosen it last night, but at least, I haven't written it down.

"Really?!" He laughs, and even I can admit that this sounds pathetical.

"Okay, but everyone makes lists. It helps organizing, not forgetting anything, and being more productive. It's proven." I find back my confident smile, though he just blinks at me, unimpressed. "Everyone does lists whether it's for grocery or for life goals."

"Uh, no, I don't."

It's my turn to blink my wide eyes at him. "What?! Not even for grocery? How do you know you won't forget to buy your favorite yogurt or have everything to cook for the week?!"

"I just buy what tempts me, and I'm not one to follow recipes."

Of course, I don't even know why I'm surprised.

"At least, you must have once written your dreams and goals for life? Your travels?" I try, but he stays unfazed.

"No, never. I just live them." He shrugs as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"It sounds so easy when you say it..." I gaze down at the bowl in front of me, my thoughts wandering back to a particular lavender paper.

"It is. When I really want something, I just pursue it," he states simply, and his eyes are fully serious, yet still shining with probably all the dreams he's lived. It makes his speech really convincing, and I can't help but question how many lines of my lists I've checked; except for my grocery lists, I can't count many.

"Come on, let me mix it. You've got no muscle!" He takes the bowl and the spoon from my hands, and I haven't even realized I've had started stirring the batter.

I turn back to check the recipe, even if I already know it by heart, to occupy my thoughts that are going back to spinning, even faster than Theone is stirring the mix in the bowl.

"Ah yes, your mom's recipe, of course!" I jump when I hear his voice right over my shoulder. "With the secret ingredient? That's why it was on your list? Smart." He chuckles, and since he's so close, it echoes down my spine, itching my nerves deeper.

"You promised you wouldn't laugh at me."

"I'm not laughing." He rolls his lips inside his mouth to hide his stupid grin. "It's a compliment, I told you it's smart."