10

Skip had suggested that they wait for the rest at the corner near the house. If she went in alone she would be questioned and probably get grounded.

Skip turned to Kia who was sitting next to her, "Can you try calling your brother?"

"Am I that bad of a company?" Kia joked giggling when Skip shook his head vigorously.

"The worst. I'm kidding, I just really want to go home and rest for tomorrow." Skip said giving Malakia a small smile.

"I cannot, my battery died and yours?" Malakia said waving her phone for Skip to see

"Forgot it in Aaliyah's car."

With a sigh he rubbed his face.

"Not to be forward but what are you doing tomorrow?" Kia questioned.

"Haha, you are being forward. I'm headed to the studio tomorrow."

Malakia was taken aback, she just couldn't associate Skip with singing. So she laughed, "You? A singer?"

Skip smirked, "Yes, I'm a reggae artist. Do your research."

"Cocky. Who are you? The new age Bob Marley?" Kia said with a chuckle watching Skip laugh and shrug, "Something like that."

"Are Daniel's parties always like that?"

Skip laughed hard before nodding, "Always! Was it traumatic for you Princess?"

Princess, this fucker just called me a Princess Malakia laughed and looked away to cover the obvious fact that she was blushing.

"I know I'm attractive and all but I've honestly never met a girl who blushes as much as you do." Skip said poking her side making her laugh and squirm.

Malakia laughed and slapped Skip's knee, "You are being cocky. It wasn't really traumatic just unexpected."

--------------------

Minutes turned into hours.

"Just come sleep at my house." Skip said turning to Kia who kept complaining about how tired she was.

She got other ideas before Skip interjected, "No, no, no. Not like that, it's just too dangerous to leave you here alone."

Her face fell and he saw it, "Oh."

"Yeah I mean, that kiss back there was a mistake. It shouldn't have happened. It was a moment of weakness."

I was a moment of weakness? A temporary pleasure. Malakia bit her lip trying to avoid his empty gaze.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. Malakia looked away and swallowed the lump in her throat.

Her eyes started burning, she hoped Skip doesn't get the satisfaction to see the effect he has on her.

Luck wasn't on her side as a very familiar car flashed it's headlights in her face and Skip stood up.

"I hope you weren't thinking that we're going to be an item." With that he left approaching the now parked car.

Malakia stood up and watched his retreating figure, the first tear drop.

She watched him laughing with her brother and Vee, the second tear drop.

She watched him get in the front seat and didn't even look at her, the tears blurred her vision.

She couldn't believe she's crying in front of him, for him, because of him.

"Aye! It was craz- Kia? Are you okay?"

Was I okay? No. But I was definitely dumb for having caught feelings from a stupid, meaningless kiss.

The moment Vee wrapped her arms around her she let out a broken sob.

She could hear Jacob's laughter in the background. He was probably talking to Aaliyah.

She didn't want him to see her like this, he was gonna make a big deal and try to fight Skip. She didn't want that, Skip isn't a bad guy. She had to give him another chance.