02

After getting their hair and nails done Mrs Kahale thought it'd be a good idea to go last minute shopping. Not that Malakia was complaining.

Right now she was driving home, her shopping bags in the backseat. Her mother had to go pickup some of their items from the dry cleaner's.

-------------

She got home and noticed the front door was open.

Taking out her bags out of the backseat and made her way inside and almost doubled over in laughter.

The sight before her was way too amusing. Right in the foyer her dad, her big brother, Jacob, and her little brother, Mason, were attempting to pack, not a very good attempt at that.

Suddenly a fight broke out over a shirt and she took that as a sign to go upstairs to finish her packing.

------
Malakia sighed as she finished packing and plopped on her bed.

She looked at the clock near her window and it read 7:39 pm. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Why is mum taking so long? She was about to reach for her phone and call her when her door busted open and her mother walked in.

Caribbean parents and not knocking She thought with an eye roll.

"Why are you in here? Jake almost burned down my damn house trying to make fries and what's this fight over a blue shirt?"

Malakia refrained from laughing and shrugged as her mother shot her a pointed look and left her room.

---------
"Kia, dad is calling you." Jacob said walking in and flexing infront of Malakia's vanity mirror with a glass of orange juice in hand.

She groaned rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

"I heard you, now leave my room." Malakia said walking past her brother and down the stairs.

"Papa."

"Princess, you were gonna miss dinner and I didn't even know when you came back." Mr Kahale said patting the empty spot next to him on the couch.

"I fell asleep after packing." Malakia said yawning and resting her head on her father's lap.

"Kia, Jake and Mase! Dinner is ready."

Heavy footsteps were heard followed by screaming laughing.

"What about me?" Mr Kahale said from the couch.

"Aubrey, there's actually something I need you to help me with, it's in the bedroom." Mrs Kahale said with a smirk.

Kia looked at her parents with disgust and quickly walked to the dining room where his brothers were done eating pretty much everything.

"In short, Ma and Papa are disgusting." Kia said grabbing a plate earning weird looks from her brothers.

×××××××××××××××××