Prologue

I turn on my camera and sit down for it. "Hey guys. It's Èlodie and this is a new video" I begin my video with a smile.  "Since it is now almost three AM when I film this I can't go outside so today I gonna do a suggestion from you guys. A tour through my phone. So I gonna hit screen record on my phone and let's begin" I say happily. I hit screen record so I can later edit the screen record in my video. "So this is my lockscreen. It's a photo from Monaco which I absolutely love. And you see I got some messages so I skip to my Home Screen. My Home Screen is simple. It is a quote i like: you are exactly where you need to be. I have my apps classified in categories. Like social media, photos and games" I say and open some folders so they can see it. "My social media is instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, twitch, Pinterest. If you don't follow me anywhere else, my socials are in my bio. I only use Spotify for music even with Apple Music. I use both messages and whattsapp so I have a folder with those two and the phone app self" I go to the next folder.

⫷✧❃✧⫸

I connect my camera with my laptop and transfer my video to my laptop so I can edit it. I saw that Lando called me so I call him back. When I hear him pickup I say with a energetic voice "hey  Lan" I talk and meanwhile open photoshop to edit some photos. 

"How are your still awake El? How early is it at home" he asks me. 

"Almost 3.45. I just finished a video. And I'm still not sleepy so I think I pull an all nighter" I tell him and put him on speaker so I don't have to hold my phone. 

"And do what after that? You can't edit the whole night. You know that your mom doesn't like it when you all tired" Of course he used the mom-move, he always did. 

"And she doesn't know. And shouldn't you also sleep. You do have practice tomorrow, right? "It is 1 hour later here and I needed to wake up 5 am so 15 minutes earlier is not that bad" he says.

 "Touché touché. But what was so urgent that I needed to call you" I ask him. 

"Well next that I missed you, I have a surprise" he says and I hear his smile in his voice. 

"I love suprises. What is it" I feel excitement running through me, I really love surprises. 

"Open your mail. I hear your laptop. So open it" he says. 

I open my mail and see a mail from him. "What? A Paddock pass for the Grand Prix in Monaco" he is silent till I figure it out. When the reality falls on me, I let out a happy scream. "Can I go to the Grand Prix in Monaco" I ask him. 

"Took you long enough. So what is the answer" he asks me. 

"OF COURCE YES" I say or more scream, probably angering our neighbours in the process. 

"That is what I wanted to hear. I will get you a ticket to Nice. There you can take the taxi to Monte Carlo" he says. 

"Don't worry about it. I buy my ticket myself, I'm a big girl Lan. Also no hotel, I have my apartment so I sleep there. If you like you can sleep there too" I ask him but already knowing the answer. 

"Yeah, the sounds good. Now go to sleep and take a few hours before you start your day. Listen to me as you best friend" he says. 

"Only because you made me really happy, I will listen to you. I text you when I have all the details when I fly out. I probably take an earlier flight so I can see some family" I say and it is silent what makes me laugh. "You nodded, didn't you" I ask him 

"you know me too good. Now go to sleep" he says. 

"I will, love you" I remind him, I laugh in my mind. After all these years we still sound like every long distance couple. 

"Love you to El" he says and we hang up. 

Despite saying I go to sleep. I open safari on my MacBook and book a flight to Nice on Wednesday. I still have then two days before the racing starts. I take a photo but don't send him to Lando yet, because I know he doesn't like it if I send it. Because that means I didn't listen to him that I should go to bed. I check my social media before I go to sleep. I make a quick boomerang on Instagram stories where I I let my phone fall in my blanket. With the text 'late night but loving it'. I put my phone to the charger and go to sleep.

⫷✧❃✧⫸

Prologue to start a new week tomorrow. Since I have now about 24 chapters completely done only needing some editing to make sure it is good, I will post 2 chapters in a week, after that I will see how my school and work schedule is.