Chapter 21

3 December 2019

I pull Charles hoodie that I borrowed without intention of giving back tighter around me as we exit the plane in the cold England weather. "I told you, you should have packed a coat or something" Lando says as he is walking behind me and Charles in front of me. 

"I have a coat in my suitcase, and your dad got probably the heating on in the car so don't be smarty pants" I say. I traveled with Charles and Lando to London airport were we get picked up by Lando's dad. 

"I hope that because with this I am going to freeze without heating" Charles was another side of an idiot, he got a coat but only wears T-shirt under it. As we wait for our suitcases I turn to Lando. 

"Where is your dad picking us up" I ask him. 

"Just behind the shops, so yes we could get a coffee if you want" Lando knows me too well. 

"What about chocolate milk" I say smiling up to him as he first finds his suitcase. 

"I can't say no to those sparkling eyes. I will go get it while you wait for your suitcases, that way it faster. Do you want something Charles" Lando says, taking his Suitcase by the handle. 

"No thank you" Charles says. 

⫷✧❃✧⫸

After we get our suitcases we walk to the place where we are meeting Adam. I look around but don't see him. I want to take out my phone and call Lando, maybe he got a message his dad is delayed but then I see a familiar face. I pull softly on Charles his hand and he follows me to my mom. "Mom what are doing here, I thought Adam was picking us up" I say little surprised as soon we are in the distance I hug my mom. 

"He got a problem at work and needed to stay longer, so I offered to pick you up" She says and hugs me back. I pull back and take Charles' hand. 

"Mom this is Charles" I introduce him. She shakes his hand. 

"Nice to meet you Mrs Garcia" He says. 

"Call me Amelia" She smiles, looking up to him as she is just a bit taller than me. 

"Did I miss a message that my dad wasn't picking us up" I hear the confused voice of Lando say. 

"No, your dad got stuck at work so I offered so you didn't have to wait" we easily switch to English again as Lando joins us. He gives her a quick hug, seeing my family as his second since we are so close. We walk to the car, that is luckily nearby and put our suitcases in the trunk. Charles and I sit in the backseat and Lando in the passengers seat. 

"Now a bit free time right " My mom asks the guys when we are on the road. 

"Yea, until half January I don't have to be at McLaren, so for sure free time" Lando smiles. 

"I still have a contract negotiation as I officially don't have a contract for next year but after that also done until half January" Charles says. 

"When do you have the meeting" I ask Charles. 

"The 23th, I fly in the evening before and travel right back to Monaco after the meeting, so back before Christmas Eve" he says. 

"Élodie loves Christmas Eve, maybe even more than Christmas self" Lando remarks. 

"Because I got a big family on Christmas Day self, I love them but it is a bit much. Last year was 35, right mom" I ask her. 

"Yea this year I think 29 Emma isn't coming with her family as she is then 39 weeks pregnant. El also loves our tradition on Christmas Eve. Every year on Christmas we spent the evening only with the family and maybe one or two close people, like her sister in law and her daughter. We all got each other a small gift that we open before dinner and after dinner we watch a Christmas movie" My mom explains our tradition to Charles.