chapter 8

14 July 2019

I walk with Noëlle to the McLaren hospitality where Cisca and Adam are meeting us. When we walk in we see them with two other people. "Serena, Isabelle" I say smiling and hugging my sort of sister in law. 

"Auntie" Isabelle puts her arms up so I can lift her up, what I do. 

"You got so big since I last saw you" I tickle her belly with one arm while I hold her on my hip with the other. 

"I am almost three auntie. I going to be a big girl" she says. 

"Just three more months neonata" Serena says. 

"What are you doing here" Noëlle asks. 

"We had a free weekend and I knew you were going to be here so I contacted your mom and she got us in here, with help of Lando of course" Serena tells us. 

"Want to see the garage" I ask Isabelle and she nods enthusiastic. 

"Can I take her, the race if not for a few hours so I don't think they would care about me and her" I ask Serena. 

"I go with you. I like to see it for myself" she says. 

"I stay here, I want a coffee" Noëlle says. 

We nod and walk slowly to the garage. Formula 2 is racing so Serena put some protecting headphones on Isabelle to protect her from the loud engines. "You keep surprising me Élodie" I hear a voice behind me and we turn to see Charles. He was probably also on the way to the garages. 

"Why, what did I do" I smile. 

"I think you forgot to tell me that you have a girl who exactly looks like you" I laugh at his statement. 

"No this is my Niece Isabelle. And she looks exactly like her dad, who is my brother" I say. The realisation dawns on him and he makes a O with his mouth. 

Serena follows our talk confused. "This is my sister in law and mom from this little girl Serena. Ser this is Charles a friend and a driver for Ferrari" I introduce them. They shake hands. Isabelle is studying Charles with a thinking face. 

"Is he your boyfriend Auntie" She asks, even if she doesn't hear anything because of the headphones. We laugh and I take one headphone from her ear after some of the cars race by. 

"No he is a good friend of me" I say and she giggles. 

"I am Charles" He introduces himself to Isabelle. 

"I am Isabelle" She says with an shy voice. 

"Isabelle.. You sure are pretty" He says and she hides her face in my shoulder giggling quietly. I put her headphones up again when I see more cars approaching. 

"Also French, you almost have the same accent as El" Serena asks Charles. 

"I grew up in Monaco, so sorta" Charles says. 

"I get it. When she is a bit older I want her to learn French and Italian. Since we come to Monaco a lot. She even got a French name because of her dad" Serena says. 

"I am sorry, I love to talk to you longer but I am running a bit late" Charles says and we nod going out of the way. 

"I text you later" He says to me. 

"I hope so, I want to congratulate you on your place, whatever that may be" I say and he gives me a short smile before moving away to Ferrari. "He sound like he is really nice. But is he really not your boyfriend. Even Belle saw your reactions on each other. You must seen his look when you are not looking at him" Serena asks while we walk further.