Chapter 16

9 September 2019

I sit with Lando and our sisters in the living room while our moms make dinner for everyone. Well the girls are sitting, Lando is sprawled out of the sofa with his head on my lap and his legs over his sisters' laps. "Did someone tell you your hair is getting long. If not, I am telling it you" I comb through his messy hair, from wearing a cap on the plane. 

"Nope, but I saw it myself already. But I don't think I have time to go to the hairdressers this week. So you have to enjoy this" He grins. 

"She already sees your face everyday and now she has to deal with you and long hair. Give her a break please" Flo says. 

"She didn't see me that much the last one and half weeks, so I think I can irritate her as much as I like" He mumbles. 

"With who was she then, i thought she was watching the last 2 Grand Prix, or did she fake it so she could run off with her boyfriend" I throw a cushion at my sisters head, like I would lie about where I am. 

"She was in the Ferrari garage with Charles for two weekends. She forgot her best friend for her boyfriend. Before we know it we don't exist in her life anymore" He says. I give him a soft slap on the cheek. 

"I did come almost everyday in the McLaren garage, just because I didn't spend the time you were in a car there, doesn't mean I didn't see you idiot. And by the way Charles isn't my boyfriend, he is a" I hold a pause in my sentence for a few seconds, What was Charles for me. I chose to go for the safe way. "A good friend of mine". 

"You don't sleep with male good friends in one bed, like I found you this morning. You can only do that with, family, your best friend, that's me if you forgot or your boyfriend". 

"Wait you slept with him, I thought you didn't do hookups" Noëlle says, she knows me too good. 

"I don't, because I didn't sleep with Charles. We had a date- I mean friend-date in his room and I fell asleep while we were watching Netflix. And we were both tired so he fell also asleep until my alarm went off the next morning because I had to be up early for my flight. Not my problem you were early for once, and didn't find me in my room" I say to him. 

"You said date, you were on a date with him" Lando ignores my last sentence. 

"Okay, maybe I was on a date. But that was because i made a deal with Charles. After he got pole, he had a lot of confidence and said that if he won I had to go on a date with him. And he obviously won, so we had a chill date with some roomservice and Netflix. It was quite comfortable I must say" I confess with some reluctance. 

"So more then good friend then" Cisca smirks. 

"I don't know what we are right now. Can we now talk about something else then my love life that sounds so much more interesting that it is" I laugh awkwardly. 

"Salope" Noëlle mumbles under her breath, just . 

"Tu es la put ici"  I say with a smirk not that soft as here. 

"Girls, be nice to each other or I set you in the two furthest corners of the room" we hear our mom yell from the kitchen what makes us both grin, it is just playful banter between us. 

"Do I even want to know what you just said" Lando asks us. 

"I think not, it was not that nice" I grin, I push his hair back before I begin to comb it again.

⫷✧❃✧⫸

"Are you home now for a few weeks now or do you have to travel again soon El" Lando's mom asks after dinner.