Chapter 16

The talk with the boys was amazing and I feel like they are really trying with each other. Logan was able to join the varsity soccer team, with some help from Dean since tryouts had already started. Logan sits with me and Dean and the rest of our friends during lunch now and seems pretty comfortable in school and has started to make new friends.

I'm in class, gazing over at Logan and tuning out my teacher as I think of how good things have been going. He turns his head and I quickly look down at my desk, blushing furiously from being caught. I look straight at the board, looking at Logan out of the corner of my eye.

Once I feel like it's been long enough, I look back at him only to see him staring back at me with a smirk. I smile, embarrassed, and my eyes dart back down. Gosh I love the butterflies I feel when I'm with him.

Once class is out and our school day ends, I walk with him to his car.

"Want a ride?" He asks.

"Thanks but I drive today so I need to take my car."

"Okay, well..." He leans in close to my ear, letting his breath fan across my neck. "See you tonight, love." He says and I feel a soft kiss press to my skin, causing goosebumps to erupt all over my body. He pulls away with a smirk and winks at me.

I nod and turn to walk to my car, a deep blush on my face. As I'm walking to my car, I glance up and see one of Dean's friends, Adam, standing there shocked. My eyes widen once I realize he has seen Logan and I's interaction.

I quickly walk up to him, my stomach feeling like it's going to fall out. "Adam...it's not what it looks like. I know that's what everyone says, but I swear to you that it's not."

"What is it then?" He asks with furrowed brows and a disgusted look on his face.

"It's just how we talk to each other. He's a big flirt, he does it with everyone! I love Dean, I would never cheat on him." I say in a pleading voice.

"I thought so." He says with disappointment apparent in his voice and turns to walk away.

"Wait Adam, please don't tell anyone. I don't want any rumors or anything going around. Talk to Dean if you want, but please don't start anything." I beg, running up to him again.

"I'm telling Dean." He says firmly, making me nod eagerly.

"Yes, that's fine. I swear it was harmless and Dean will know that." I say, still nodding my head trying to convince him. He nods curtly and walks to his car.

"Frick frick frick." I mutter to myself and hastily walk to my car. "FRICK!!" I scream once I'm inside. My hands scramble for my phone and I quickly call Dean.

"Hey baby." He says cooly.

"Dean. Adam saw me and Logan." I rush out.

"Saw you and Logan doing what?" He says in a defensive tone.

"It was nothing, he just told me he was going to see me tonight and kissed my cheek in the parking lot."

"Oh." His tone much more relaxed now.

"So now he thinks I'm cheating on you and will probably talk to you about it soon but I panicked and told him not to tell anyone. I said that it was okay if he talked to you because you would know it's harmless and Logan is just a big flirt." I say, panicking.

"Okay, well that's what I'll tell him." He tries to reason with me.

"What if he tells someone else and then they tell someone else and then the whole school will think I'm cheating on you." I feel tears prick my eyes.