Chapter 14

I wake up the next morning and smile to myself as I think about last night. I take my time and stretch wide since I woke up before my alarm, which is rare... I jolt to my phone but my body relaxes when I see that I am, in fact, early rather than late as usual.

I see that I have a missed call from Dean last night and this morning. I must have left it on silent when I went to bed. I call him back as I start to wake up slowly.

"Good morning." I say, slightly slurring my words from sleepiness.

"Belle, finally." He breathes a sigh of relief. "I was worried."

"I'm fine. Got home safe and everything." I reply simply.

"Good. Would you like me to pick you up today?"

"Um...yeah sure. Can you come soon so we can so we and get breakfast?"

"Sure baby. I'll be right over." He laughs and hangs up. I get out of bed and get dressed in jeans and a white loose sweater. I walk downstairs and slip on my black combat boots.

"You're up early." My mom comments.

"Yeah, I just woke up by myself this morning. Dean is picking me up so we can get breakfast." I say while gathering my things for school.

"Well that's nice. Tell him we say hello. Have a good day at school, love you." She smiles as she pours her coffee in her travel mug and walks out the door for work.

"You too, love you." I wave goodbye. After a few minutes, I see Dean pull up and hop in his car.

"Morning baby." He smiles and leans over to peck my lips.

"Morning." I smile and give him a quick kiss.

"Where to?" He asks as he pulls out of my driveway.

"I would love Dunkin." I suggest.

"Good with me." He says and starts driving with his hand on my leg. "So...how was last night?"

"It was good." I smile, trying not to go into too much detail. "He is really nice Dean." I look over at him.

"Glad you had fun." He nods with a neutral face.

"I was actually thinking that maybe you could ask him if he wanted your opinion on sports and stuff. You're in with those guys and Logan seems athletic. It would be a nice gesture." I softly suggest.

"Yeah, maybe." He says, making me look out the car window. We drive in silence to Dunkin and he orders my usual, egg and cheese croissant, boston creme and a hot chocolate and he gets a coffee and egg, bacon and cheese bagel with a chocolate sprinkle donut.

As we drive to school my stomach continues sinking. God this is so awkward. Is this what it's going to be like now? It's like I can't talk to him anymore. Oh my god...are we...falling out of love with each other? Are the feelings still there?

Once we get to school, we sit and watch the parking lot slowly fill with cars. "Thanks for breakfast." I smile softly, feeling really weird.

"Of course." He nods and gives me an awkward smile back. I feel tears rising and a lump forming in my throat.

"I got to get to class, see you later." I say, gathering my things and quickly walk in the building as tears rise to my eyes.

I stuff my books in my locker and then run to the girls locker room, covering my mouth to quiet the cries. I lean my back against the wall, feeling like a weight has just crashed down on me.

Do we not love each other anymore? Was Logan my real mate? What if Dean was mistaken? I don't want to lose Dean, I love him. Don't I? Yes. I love him, things are just weird right now. Can he not handle this whole sharing idea? I can already feel myself falling for Logan.