Chapter 4: Hogwarts air

Ryn_
Hermione tugged Ryn along the dirt path to Hogwarts. The twins trailed somewhere behind them.
The two girls had been talking happily for the past few minutes.
"So, Hermione, tell me more about the spell. I know you told me on the train, but, I didn't catch a lot of it."

Hermione grinned as they strutted along the path together.
"Well-"
She began, but paused and smiled up at the sky as if she was having trouble finding the words. Ryn waited patiently for her to continue. When Hermione spoke again, she was full of excitement like she'd studied this subject a thousand times over and was just waiting to go into full detail.
"I was trying to study it as the ministry, but couldn't find anything! Not a single archive or file had anything to to with fertility spells, only potions were mentioned. So- I did my digging elsewhere."
Ryn arched a brow,
"Elsewhere? Where else could you have looked?"
"Think about it; Professor Trelawney taught and specialised in the art of divination. Why would she pursue anything through the means of your run of the mill practical magic?"
Ryn, for once, didn't need to pretend that she was keeping up with Hermione and her intelligent train of thought. Ryn said,
"That makes a sense, I suppose. Divination does involve the use of the supernatural. It's not exactly your standard witchcraft, and Trelawney was as much of a genius in her field as Snape was in his."
"Exactly! I knew you'd understand! Anyway, I went digging through some dodgy markets that surrounded diagon alley. A lot of them had books on divination."

Ryn's eyes widened.
"You walked into those places alone? Hermione!"
One of the twins piped up,
"What's this, then?"
The boys ran up behind them and leant down to listen in. Hermione shooed them away with a swat of her hand and continued to Ryn,
"The point is, I found what I was looking for. The spell that Trelawney wants to perform requires a group of the youth- that's us-"
She gestured, and they all exchanged a knowing look. She went on,
"The spell will take four months-"
"Four months?!"
Ryn and the twins yelled in unison, disbelief stamped on their faces. Hermione grimaced.
"I know, it's a long time. But the results are guaranteed."
George said,
"'Guaranteed' my ass! When were they going to tell us this? When our shop went out of business?"
Hermione shrugged, and the twins exchanged a worried glance. There was no way they'd be able to be away from the shop for that long. Ryn bit her lip in worry, too. If she was out of Quidditch for four months, she'd go through hell and back to get back onto the pitch.
Hermione continued as if there was nothing to worry about,
"We perform magical acts on every full moon of each month, and what we do will transfer magical energy into Trelawney and improve her health and fertility."
"No use of our own spell casting? Do we even use our wands?"
Ryn said, her brows furrowing. Hermione tied her hair back and explained further,
"Remember in Divination class, when we predicted our futures through drinking that awful tea? It's like that, a bit. Magic is still present it's just not organised by us or our wands."

Ryn took a deep breath and said,
"I might not be able to stay for the whole spell, Mione. I can't just disappear from my life for four months."
"Us, too."
The twins said, and Hermione frowned. She'd clearly wanted them to stay for the whole spell. She sighed and fiddled with the ends of her hair.
"Perhaps we should just listen to Trelawney's explanation, first. She'll explain it much better. I could have missed something in my research."
Ryn frowned, though not at Hermione. She felt bad.
Though, they were all adults now. They had responsibilities. Ryn would just have to see what the demands of the spell was first, then she could decide from there what to do. Then there was the matter of how long the spell would take. The only fortunate thing about that particular factor was that there was a full at the end of the week in three days, and the spell would most likely begin then. Maybe she could participate for that and then get back to her life. Oddly enough, she couldn't shake the feeling that this spell was far more complicated than it appeared.
~~~~