Chapter 10: Tripper

Ryn_
Ryn stepped out of the fireplace in the Weasley's den and was unable to wipe the big smile off her face. Fred and George followed her out, and she was just in the middle of arguing with Fred about her bags, saying she could take them upstairs while he tried to take them from her, with George was laughing at them, when a plate smashed.

Ryn whirled to the sound, and found Molly, smashed pieces of porcelain at her feet.
"Mum?"
George said, and molly began to smile. Tears welled up in her eyes and she came forward with her arms out. Ryn barely had time to move forward as well when Molly crushed her in a bone-grinding hug.
The twins smiled as they watched, and Molly didn't let her go for a long time. Ryn shuddered as she tried to force back tears.
"Don't hold it in, dear."
Molly whispered, and Ryn pulled her even closer as she let out a broken sob and buried her face into Molly's shoulder. Molly had been a mother to her in the ways that mattered during Ryn's time at Hogwarts. She had countless memories of going to the woman with problems she felt no one else but a mother would understand, and feeling the most at home in her arms.
When Molly finally let her go, Ryn wanted to spill her guts about how sorry she was about not coming to visit, but the older witch said,
"Come, dear. Let's get you settled. I didn't believe it when the boys sent the owl and told me you were coming!"
"I'm sorry, Molly, I should've-"
"Hush! It's almost Seven, and suppers about almost done. Head upstairs with the boys and I'll set a place for you at the table."
"Ah- okay."

Molly rushed her along towards the stairs and sternly told the twins to grab her bags and take them up. Before she walked another step, she snatched her bags from the boys as soon as Molly had turned her back and hurried up the steps.
"Wait,"
She said, stopping at one stair, and the twins looked at her questioningly.
"Where am I staying?"
Why, what a good question. She and Fred weren't together. Not officially, no matter how they flirted. Before either of them could answer Ryn came to her own conclusion,
"I'll stay in Ginny's room."
With that she darted the rest of the way up the stairs and swiftly vanished into the younger witches bedroom. Thank the lord that Ginny was away finishing her studies, so she wouldn't see Ryn totally flip out!
Fred, practically next door. Molly, downstairs and still as welcoming as ever. This whole house, her second home full of beautiful memories. She should be happy. She could he overjoyed that she was even let inside after a year of the silent treatment on her part. But her mind was still so centred on that goddamn 6 ft 4 ginger!

She groaned in frustration and tossed her bag onto Ginny's bed. He hadn't even done anything, and he was all she could think about. His face, his smile, the way he stood, the sound of his voice, the mischievous glint in his eyes. She changed from her jeans and sneakers into cotton shorts and a loose long sleeved t-shirt, complete with a pair of long socks.
A small scratching sounded at the door, and she gasped as she realised she'd locked Ravioli out. The feline must've lagged behind on the stairs! Ryn opened the door as quick as she could before Ravioli thought that she'd intentionally left her downstairs. When she yanked the door open, she was met with Fred, his arm raised as if he'd been about to knock. The cat ran in and disappeared while Ryn stared up at him.
He cleared his throat and lowered his arm.
"Perve."
She said, and ducked under his side to head downstairs. He stuttered and followed her.
"What'd you call me a perve for?"
"Who stands at someone's door and doesn't say anything?"
She elbowed him and giggled,
"Were you listening to me change? You little teenager."
"Oi- I'm Twenty One!"
"Pfft. Barely."

She realised what had come out of her mouth and slowed to a stop on the stairs. He stopped a step below her and arched a brow,
"What now? Your bloody cat have some ridiculous-"
"I missed your birthday."
His mouth closed. It was late May, and his birthday was in April. She'd missed it by a long shot. She never- since she had known him she'd always made a big deal about his and George's birthday. And because of her arrogance and stupidity she'd missed it this year. Amazing. Another reason for her to hate herself.