Mya's heart ached to be wrapped around the arm of the Santa Praiser native already. She couldn't believe Jessie was really here right now — looking so damn good.

"Ms. Stone," Mya heard. She blinked and realized Jessie was already approaching her. Long, confident strides in her brand new Chelsea boot.

Mya smiled, reaching for the slightly taller woman without even thinking twice about it. "Ms. Torres. Money looks wonderful on you."

"And you ..." Jessie smiled a boyish broad smile and Mya swore her knees almost gave out. She was so dazed she didn't even realize the way Jessie licked her lips.

"Tonight should be interesting," Jessie muttered, her eyes glazing over with subtle lust.

Oh, darling, you have no idea.

"How so?"

Jessie shook her head and chuckled. "Nothing, uh, should we go inside?"

Mya nodded, running her hands up the smooth fabric of the blazer, gently rolling over Jessie's chest, "Are you nervous?"

"A little," Jessie looked around. "It's a lot of people."

"There is, but once you see everyone is occupied you'll relax more. I promise."

"I'm taking your word for it," Jessie remarked bending her elbow out for Mya to grab. "We should start the night Ms. Stone, should we not?"

Mya chuckled and slid her hand around Jessie's bicep. "Are you going to pretend like you're my fancy escort all night?"

Jessie smirked mischievously. "Perhaps."

Mya laughed louder this time, her pace matching Jessie's as they blended into the crowd of people leisurely slipping into the convention center.

Jessie looked around while Mya kept her stare straight ahead. The first thing she wanted to do was grab some food for Jessie. The taller woman was sure to appreciate the gourmet complimentary snacks and drinks. It'd also be a great distraction from all the commotion.

Jessie was awestruck by the entry hall and the overall overwhelmingly large space of the center. Mya held on to the woman tighter, suddenly feeling like everyone's eyes were on her, but in reality, only a few people looked their way.

"You were here almost every day?" Jessie said, eyes darting everywhere. "How the hell do you manage to find your way around this place?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure," Mya replied, distracted momentarily by a waiter carrying small platters of crab cakes. "Come."

Mya gently pulled Jessie along, tracking down the waiter. The man stopped after turning and seeing Mya reach for two small crab cakes for Jessie to eat. She didn't know how expansive her tastebuds were, but it didn't hurt to try.

"Crab cake?" Mya asked.

Jessie eyed the round fluff. "Never actually tried them before. What's in it?"

Mya carefully handed one over. "Crab, always. Mustard, seasoning, eggs, mayo, and bread crumbs."

Jessie took a cautious bite, watching Mya the entire time. Mya gazed back, looking for a sign of disgust or enjoyment. As Jessie chewed, expressionless, she shrugged.

"No?" Mya said.

Jessie shrugged again, licking her lips. "A little strange honestly."

Mya smiled. "I tried."

Jessie smiled back, taking the second crab cake from Mya's fingers. "It's strange, not bad."

As Jessie finished her second crab cake, Mya already spotted another waiter walking around with steak kebabs. Mya gently tugged Jessie along, Jessie audibly more excited as she recognized where they were headed and why.