Reunited

"Good morning, Agent Lovato." The janitor says to me.

"Good morning, Ryan." I smiled at him.

"Gonna catch a few perps today?" He chuckles as he mops the floor.

"You bet I am." I grinned at him before entering the elevator.

I pressed the button that led to the tenth floor to head to my office. Most of my colleagues would be in by now.

The doors departed, granting me access to walk past my office door and to my desk.

I passed by one of the other detectives who were already piecing together a current crime we've been working on three days ago.

"Agent Lovato! Glad you're here. We could use a bit of help with this." Agent Mendes says to me.

"Of course I can help. Let's see what we've got here." I reply as I put my blazer on the back of my chair.

I rolled up the sleeves to my button-up blouse as I walked over to the table my coworkers were at.

"Ok, so this guy's throat was slit two days ago. I think we might be closer to the killer than we think." Agent Cyrus said to me.

"Yeah, I see a lot of evidence here. Is there more to come?" I asked, brushing my hair back and out of my face.

"Absolutely. We're gonna go make our way around the city and ask some of the victim's peers some questions. Just the usual procedure." Agent Mendes says before drinking coffee from his cup.

"Well, let's get to work, shall we?" I say as I grab my jacket to get ready for the protocol.

Your POV

"Alright, sweetie. I'm gonna need you to open nice and wide." I say to the little girl in the chair.

"Ahhhhh..." she says as she opens her mouth.

"Good girl." I smiled at her as I took a look inside her mouth.

I looked around a few more times before putting the dental mirror down on the cart.

"Looks like someone has had a little too much candy lately." I smile before tickling the child while she giggles uncontrollably.

The parents sitting in the waiting chairs smiled at us as I prepared for the tooth cleansing.

"It looks like she hasn't had too much damage done to her teeth. A few cavities here and there, but nothing serious. I'll just clean out anything unnecessary and fill it with a serum. Then we should be good to go." I smiled at the child's mom.

"Thank you so much." She smiles.

"It's no problem. I'm gonna have her done in no time." I say as I grab my other tools. I made sure the procedure was as comfortable as possible. As a child dentist, I have to make sure my patients have a good experience.

Shortly after finishing the tooth cleaning, I handed the child and her parents the paperwork for her dental information.

"Here's her referral for the orthodontist. Once they see this, scheduling an appointment with them shouldn't be a problem. They'll take good care of her and their prices are rock bottom." I smiled as I handed them the papers.

"Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver." The child's father said to me.

"No problem. Have a good day."

"Thank you!" The little girl said to me with a bright smile.

"You're welcome. See ya, sweetie," I say as I waved to her.